Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How times have changed from the 2000's!

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Remember when we never had our own phones or computers and we had to share back in the 2000s? Crazy to think how far we've come!

internet meme.png

Advertisement Placeholder
I didn't have a computer growing up so I can't really relate to this lol. I did have to wait for my grandmother to get done with the computer though when I was at her house and wanted to browse the internet though! I remember getting kicked off a few times because someone accidentally picked up the phone. Glad we don't have to worry about dial up anymore!

Transparent shells on electronics was and still is the coolest thing ever, third party companies like Hyperkin are keeping that alive with their controllers but I wish Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo would still make transparent shells for their consoles. It was super cool! Way better than having boring, solid colors.

There is too much internet these days. Well, I don't really think so, but it's too the point where you long for times where you're not connected to phones or the net in any form, like at work.
Ironically I just read an article about todays "campers", specifically those that go out and they are using a tent. It seems that it's hard for them to not at least stream to their mobil devices.
When I go camping (even though it's in an RV and we have satellite receiver as well as hotspot WiFi device) we prefer to enjoy nature. It's why we go. But we are also old fogies that grew up pre-internet so we know how to entertain ourselves without have those "niceties". The only time we avail ourselves of them is if it's inclement weather... and I have been known (if it's only rain) to sit outside under a canopy enjoying the rain fall.

Ironically I just read an article about todays "campers", specifically those that go out and they are using a tent. It seems that it's hard for them to not at least stream to their mobil devices.
When I go camping (even though it's in an RV and we have satellite receiver as well as hotspot WiFi device) we prefer to enjoy nature. It's why we go. But we are also old fogies that grew up pre-internet so we know how to entertain ourselves without have those "niceties". The only time we avail ourselves of them is if it's inclement weather... and I have been known (if it's only rain) to sit outside under a canopy enjoying the rain fall.
Yeah, get real people! Let's do without the internet, at least. I mean, it's bad enough people don't want tents, but have to have campers. Well, I consider campers a type of mobile home for living in, honestly.

I was reading an article the other day about an uncle who invited his sister and her family with young kids camping. They got mad because he wouldn't share his PlayStation (!) in his camper.

Yeah, get real people! Let's do without the internet, at least. I mean, it's bad enough people don't want tents, but have to have campers. Well, I consider campers a type of mobile home for living in, honestly.
An RV is just an apartment on wheels. But when you have a spouse that suffered heat stroke (crawling into the burning vehicle to drag a passenger out didn't help it) during her career as an LEO you have to make some allowances. If she was restricted to a tent, she'd never get to go as we like to camp spring/summer/fall. Not much in the winter as there is not as much of nature to enjoy unless you are in an area that gets snow.
Up until our kids were around 4-5 we tent camped. In many ways it was more fun roughing it.
But I think you may be thinking of RV's being taken to "RV resorts" more than actual "camping" parks.

These are the type places we stay. For the more remote sites (like the latter photo which is Big Bend State Park) we have to tote our own water in and carry the honey-pot and the generator. It can be fun to get into some of those more remote sites, even with the 4x4 truck. When we had the smaller trailer it was much easier.

1719361557338.png

1719361654744.png

I was reading an article the other day about an uncle who invited his sister and her family with young kids camping. They got mad because he wouldn't share his PlayStation (!) in his camper.
Those are glampers.
We do carry a couple of computers with us when we go... but those are to run my telescope equipment with. If we are going to stream we have the Roku and a Verizon hotspot. It rarely gets used though as if we watch TV and can get the local channels OTA we do that so we can keep up with what is going on in the area.
When the kids were little we carried board games and card games (Uno and similar). We also did carry VCR with a TV so we could set it up outside and watch a movie in the evening while enjoying the outdoors and not be sitting inside a box. But even tent campers would do that. Little kids get bored rather quickly, no matter the era.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds