Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How often do you update your older topics on your forums?

Credits
Forums are like living organisms, constantly evolving and adapting to the needs and interests of their members. One crucial aspect of maintaining a thriving and engaging forum is the frequency of topic updates. So, let's dive into the discussion and find out: How often do you update your older topics on your forums?

Share your insights and experiences regarding the updating of topics within your online community. Do you follow a strict schedule, refreshing topics at regular intervals, or do you prefer a more spontaneous approach? What factors influence your decision on when and how to update topics?

Have you found that regularly updating topics helps keep your forum members engaged and active? Or do you believe that some topics are better left as timeless classics, untouched by the passage of time?

Discuss the strategies you use to breathe new life into older discussions. Is it through adding fresh content, sharing recent developments, or simply encouraging new members to contribute? How do you strike a balance between maintaining a sense of continuity and embracing change in your forum? Perhaps you rather start a new topic and let the old ones die?

Let's explore the impact of topic updates on forum dynamics, member participation, and the overall health of your online community.

Advertisement Placeholder
I like to keep topics that look busy with replies. I hate seeing Forums with topics with no answers in them and that they are old or locked :p

Depends on the topic subject, if it's an on going discussion that never gets old then why make another when you can post on that topic and keep it alive and going, keeps it clean having fewer topics. If it's an old topic that was from the passed that no longer talked about then it would be ideal to make another topic or even another support topic.

I always update threads if they're based around media like video games or tv shows when a trailer is released or if more information about the show, game. etc is announced. Other than that I usually don't go back and edit old threads, unless I made a mistake and added false information to a topic.

It's rare I go back to update an old thread or post. I like to observe how my mind and life changes through the time. Its like going back in time. :)
Also, it depends if is something that requires updates like a product or service. Other than that, I don't touch them or I close the threads.

Got many threads that began in 2003 and are still going. Still get posted on daily. See no need to change that but members are free to create new topics as they do most days.

I've never gone back and edited the original posts, but I will bump an old topic. I like to bring in new information when possible. Such as a game release, I might add more information about the game when I've had a chance to play it and etc. I often look for topics with the least number of responses to respond to because sometimes people just did not have a chance to respond to it in the first place.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds