Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How Often do you Post to Your Blog?

Golddisk

Credits
How often content is posted to a blog, I feel, has a lot to do with its niche. If it is a how-to blog, or some type of personal journal, or something along those lines, you can get away very easily without posting new content every day. However, if your blog is more news based, then you have to try and post content daily (and even multiple times a day!)

On my site I try to post new content daily since it is mostly news articles, but sometimes it gets difficult to keep up with.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's important to have a schedule, even if you post once per week. I don't own any blogs currently, but when I did, I used write and post ever other day.

I'd say all of this depends on your blog's niche and the purpose of your blog. If it's a personal blog and you're recording the events going on in your life, it would make sense to periodically post to your blog, whether it's daily, weekly, monthly, etc. I think it's good to have a set schedule, so your readers always know when to expect new content. Still, when you have email subscriptions and newsletters and all that good stuff, I guess that type of consistency isn't necessary.

I don't do any blogging these days, but I had a personal blog a few years ago, which I updated rather sporadically.

I've generally aimed for one or two in depth and detailed articles per week to engage the blogs audience though this was a complementing blog of a forum so full time I might want to do one or two good quality posts per day

I haven't done any blogging in years. When I did though, I would post two to three articles a week on my blogs. I had my articles ready to auto post several days in advance and newsletters for readers to sign up for as well. I had so much breathing room to work with and plenty of time to perfect my blogs the way that I wanted them. Some blogs are updated once a week, daily, monthly, and so on. There really is no wrong way to do it, as long as it fits with the direction that you are taking your blog(s) in.

It's a great Idea to post daily - but is it sustainable in the long term? You could keep this up if the content is short until you reach the benchmarked quantities. However long articles are going to be important too to sustain results.

I've recently written an article about this - would love it if you let me know if you find it interesting http://www.stephaniefiteni.com/blog/index.php/how-often-should-blog/

How often content is posted to a blog, I feel, has a lot to do with its niche. If it is a how-to blog, or some type of personal journal, or something along those lines, you can get away very easily without posting new content every day. However, if your blog is more news based, then you have to try and post content daily (and even multiple times a day!)

On my site I try to post new content daily since it is mostly news articles, but sometimes it gets difficult to keep up with.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds