Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much vacation time do you give to your employees?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
How much vacation time should you give your employees? I think ample time to relax and recover is ideal. If I had employees, I'd give them a couple week long vacations a year. And of course sick days if needed. I think more vacations are ideal though.

Advertisement Placeholder
I love to give vacations to my employees once in a month and it does not last for more than 3 days . I rotate it between the three of them because I have three employees working in my offline business presently.

I don't own a big business where I can allow staff to go on vacation for days or weeks. I cannot afford to have an absent employee. Apart from public holiday and a few days sick leave, I cannot allow them to be absent.

How much vacation time should you give your employees? I think ample time to relax and recover is ideal. If I had employees, I'd give them a couple week long vacations a year. And of course sick days if needed. I think more vacations are ideal though.
Vacations are very important for many reasons.Vacations give employees time to recover and have a great time. Unfortunately, I don't have many vacations, but if I do, they are pretty long, like 2 weeks.

I think a two-week vacation per year is a good idea as employees get a break to take a long trip from the mundane to relax and recharge their energy.

I give my staff enough time to regain energy when the ocassion demands. I give her vacations for three days every quarter. Considering the business is not really physically demanding, that's enough time to shed the burnout.

I do not have workers working under me at the moment, so there is no vacation time. I think it depends on the kind of work you are into though, that should determine the amount of time to give out to them. It could from three days to a week or there about.

Though i am yet to have enough worker working for me but I am working in a private organisation and I was granted two weeks vacation in preparation for my wedding.

I totally agree with you that ample vacation time is important for employees to relax and recover. It's always great to hear about employers who prioritize their employees' well-being. If I were to have employees, I'd definitely give them a couple of weeks off each year as well, along with some sick days for when they need it. By the way, do you happen to know any good workers' compensation attorneys?? I have a friend who's looking for some advice in that area.

Last edited:

It is always very important for you not to give all of your workers vacation at the same time because it is going to leave your business hanging in such a way that no operation will be carried out.

I tried to give my workers one week vacation within the space of three months for each worker.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds