Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much savings do you have?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
I read an article the other day that said the average person (in America) has less than 10k in savings. Millions of people don't have a savings at all.

The idea of not having some sort of savings in case things go wrong, that terrifies me. While my wife and I were saving up for a home and have come close to our goal, I have had to dip into my savings for medical bills for one of our pets. At this point, we have spent close to 10 grand just on that so I am afraid to even check what we have now.

Advertisement Placeholder
I won't list the monetary amount, but I believe that my husband and I have been savvy concerning our savings and investments. We both worked very hard right out of school and saved enough to put a down payment on a home and we both had new cars. That was when we were in our 20s. My husband's dad gave him great advice about putting a portion of our paychecks into the savings each month and we adhered to that. Soon after, my husband's friends advised us to invest in mutual funds and that really boosted us to the next level.

My daughter is a millennial whereas I am GenX. Even though I thought I was giving her the right advice, she doesn't save her money. Is that a millennial thing?

I won't list the monetary amount, but I believe that my husband and I have been savvy concerning our savings and investments. We both worked very hard right out of school and saved enough to put a down payment on a home and we both had new cars. That was when we were in our 20s. My husband's dad gave him great advice about putting a portion of our paychecks into the savings each month and we adhered to that. Soon after, my husband's friends advised us to invest in mutual funds and that really boosted us to the next level.

My daughter is a millennial whereas I am GenX. Even though I thought I was giving her the right advice, she doesn't save her money. Is that a millennial thing?
Yeah, I think it is. I am considered a millennial and no one I know my age is good with money but a lot of boomers weren't either. My parents are boomers. I only am more aware of it because I don't want to make their mistakes and end up in debt like them.

I read an article the other day that said the average person (in America) has less than 10k in savings. Millions of people don't have a savings at all.

The idea of not having some sort of savings in case things go wrong, that terrifies me. While my wife and I were saving up for a home and have come close to our goal, I have had to dip into my savings for medical bills for one of our pets. At this point, we have spent close to 10 grand just on that so I am afraid to even check what we have now.

Saving is very important because many bad things can happen, so it's important to save for some kind of emergency. I saved some good money at the moment. I don't want to share exact numbers, but I think it's still not enough, so I continue to save. Sadly, I don't really have funds at the moment to save up more, but hopefully at some point I will do that.

I am still struggling to have a stable means of savings. When it comes to saving its not easy, especially when you have so many things to deal with or sort out that requires money, this period there are so many things i am trying to sort out so my savings is on hold at the moment.

I do not have a lot of savings, I think I can survive just 3 months with my saving. However, I have investment portfolios that can help me pay my bills if I am in financial difficulties.

Currently, I don't have any savings because the inflation is so huge and the amount of money we make online would go to solving basic needs. However it is very important to have savings because of emergencies.

I am still struggling to have a stable means of savings. When it comes to saving its not easy, especially when you have so many things to deal with or sort out that requires money, this period there are so many things i am trying to sort out so my savings is on hold at the moment.

The best way that you can be able to work on your saving habit is to try as much as possible to have more than one source of making money because it is going to help you to have more money to take care of your responsibilities and still have some to save for future purposes.

The best way that you can be able to work on your saving habit is to try as much as possible to have more than one source of making money because it is going to help you to have more money to take care of your responsibilities and still have some to save for future purposes.

I agree with you on this. The expenses are not going to stop and one would need to have more than one source of income to be able to spend and take care of themselves and others under them before they can even think of saving.

If you don't improve your source of earnings, then you are going to struggle to save more.

The whole liquid cash I have saved in the bank won't be more than $2000. I use the money to manage everything in my life which needs raw cash to be taken care of.

The rest of my money is invested in other prospects for more profitable returns. It's better than having everything saved in the bank.

Me I will not lie oh, currently I'm not having much to because most of the money I have I have only been spending and not making much at least yet because currently I layed of and frankly it was just for my own good.

I usually tend to save a fixed amount of money when I need to save. This leads me to creating a specific savings budget. However, now I am planning to create a budget and invest money instead of saving money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds