Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Strategies How much competition do you have ?

Ideas, innovation, and strategy planning.

Cedric

Ex-Captain Junkie
Retired Staff
It's highly likely that your website isn't alone in its niche. Competition is a part of the webmaster experience, and it's essential to understand the playing field. So, let's talk rivals – do you have any other websites in your niche that are similar to yours?

First off, how many of these rivals are out there? Are they numerous, or do you find yourself in a relatively exclusive niche? Knowing the extent of your competition is key to strategizing effectively.

Now, the million-dollar question: How do these rival websites compare in terms of activity? Are they more active than yours, or do you stand as the torchbearer of your niche? Understanding the competition's level of engagement can shed light on areas where you might need to step up your game or where you're leading the pack.

Sharing this information can help us all gain insights into how to thrive in a competitive environment. So, webmasters, tell us about your rivals and your experiences in the field. It's a chance to learn from one another and adapt our strategies to stand out in the ever-evolving online landscape.

Probably tons of competition but being an invite-only site we don't really worry about what our competitors are up to.

I've never really bothered about the competition, even on my previous sites which were open registration. No matter what your website niche, it is so important to have a plan and stick with it - know your members, their needs and the content and/or features they want and build around that.

Our focus is always solely on giving our members the features and online environment that they want.

My main competitors are:

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Discord

One of the reasons I chose Jcink to create a resource board was because I couldn't find many resource-only dedicated message boards across the network and it seems they were seriously lacking in a plethora of custom codes administrators could add to their board. With that being said, I don't have a whole lot of competition seeing as most boards that offer resources on Jcink are also primarily RPG-focused.

I've got lots of competition when it comes to a few of my forums. I can't call the Gex subreddit my rival as we've decided to consider the forums, subreddit, and Discord server as one community. There's no need to compete when these are the only Gex communities online currently.

My one community has no competition besides Facebook Groups that serve the same niche.

My second community has competition in the form of Reddit as well as Facebook Groups. There are a couple other forums for this niche out there, but one is dead and I'm already way ahead of the other one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations