Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How many times do you have to fail before you succeed?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
How many sites and blogs or forums have you owned in the past that failed, leading to your current success? Is there a specific number of times you have to fail in order to learn what's right to do as a webmaster or forum owner?

Advertisement Placeholder
I honestly don't know if any of my websites failed, because I always got back all I've invested in them or even more when I sold them. But there's been a number of projects before my current website so I think that I've learned a lot from those "fails".

As for the number of fails before you eventually succeed...There's no such thing, because some owners succeeded without even trying the first time while others busted their asses to make a website that barely sustains itself after several failed projects.

I ran a good forum but due to my lack of confidence i ruined it by selling it..Now i understand the effort and time it takes to be successful and avoid failure.

I do not think there is any specific amount of times you must fail to succeed. Some people succeed right away while some take a while.

What is important is, you find success.

I started with free blogs and did not spend so much time learning. I got banned by adsense with $20 in accounts, did not reach the minimum payout for others ad networks; then, i moved to cheap hosting and faced downtime. i succeed a little when i start reading and adding value to my articles. It is not a requirement to fail first; just make sure you know what you are doing well!

I had 2 or 3 forums myself before the one I have now which did not seem to work and flopped. During that time though I learnt a lot in regards to how to create a good forum, not to clutter a forum, how to advertise and get good rankings and all the times I was working on previous forums the more I learnt until now I know enough to be able to succeed better in the one I have now and make it work even if I feel like giving up sometimes.

It's not always a case of failing to be honest as if you read up enough before taking the plunge and starting you can make a forum work from first try but failing can also help you learn as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds