Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How many hours do you work?

Mahabub Hassan

Credits
Hi

Just interested as it seems it's expected that people work longer and longer hours these days. I personally try to stick to my standard 37, although once you factor travel time / lunch breaks I'd guess about 45hrs a week are consumed (wasted!!) by work.

As a male I also feel it's expected of me, please tell me I'm wrong but as a 36 year old, I get the impression that most half decent and above women are not happy unless their boyfriend / husband is working more and more, it feels like a competition. Most male friends won't admit it, but during conversations I'll often hear things like 'my girlfriend/wife would be applying for me had I not found the time to apply for this better job etc' I also feel that at least in part, my refusal to not climb the never-ending ladder in the quest for more pay etc is part of the reason my last girlfriend ended things.

Advertisement Placeholder
I work well over 40 hours per week. I realize this is ridiculous and am currently searching for a new job.

I`m working from home, but I am always struggling to keep to the 8 hours per day routine. I sometimes work less, sometimes I put in 12 hours daily. Depends on how much work I have to get done.

It depends what week it is. I do work 60 hour weeks sometimes, and it sucks. I normally only work about 45 hours a week, though. I'm salaried, anyway.

I have to put in at least 25 a week, but I do about 30. Last week I worked 41. It all depends.

It depends on my work load. Sometimes I work 10+ hours a day other days only a few hours. I do work from home so it is not really on a set schedule here.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds