Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How Long is Just Right? Preferred Article Lengths for Webmasters

Credits
Hey, I'm trying to get an idea of what everyone prefers in the length of an article. What's the ideal article length?

We all know that (unique) content quality is key, but when it comes to length, opinions often differ. Some swear by the 'longer the better' mantra, aiming for 2,000+ words per article, while others prefer concise, to-the-point pieces that readers can quickly consume which are often around 300-500 words per article.

Considering our unique perspective as webmasters, I'm eager to know:

• What's your preferred article length when browsing?
  • Do you think there's a magic number or range that captivates readers without overwhelming them?
  • Should the length of an article be shortened and divided in parts?
  • Have you noticed any correlation between article length and engagement or SEO ranking on your sites?
  • Does the subject matter influence your preference, or do you have a consistent length you aim for regardless of topic?
  • Lastly, are there any tools or strategies you use to determine the best content length for your target audience?
Interested to hear everyone's thoughts. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
500 words is barely more than two complete tweets... no way do I consider that "an article".
A valid article will be 2000-4000 words easily if it's a complex topic. If it's simply reciting a recipe... then you can get by with less.
Just the intro page to a recent article on my site was 311 words (and still tweaking the article and adding to it... and there are 4 pages behind that.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds