Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How is this?

shamzblueworld

Reputable member
Website
awebmastr.com
Credits
I'd like some reviews on http://awebmastr.com
I have just moved it to MyBB. It was on phpBB 3. I'd also appreciate suggestions on the categories and forums. Its a webmaster discussions, resources and support forum.
Thank you

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
The first thing that strikes me is that you are using a .tk domain. Now, I understand that you many not be able to afford a proper TLD, but when most people see a .tk or similar they tend to stay away, due to a number of factors that you can't change. If you want people to visit your site, first of all I would recommend trying to get a TLD.

Overall, I actually like the theme, however I have seen it used a lot before, and this always makes me feel as though I am visiting a site I have seen before. I would recommend making some small changes to the theme to make it stand out a bit more. Another thing I noticed is the apostrophe in the logo. Unless you are referring to something that belongs to Webmasters (which I don't think you are), then the apostrophe is not needed. Again, this is a small detail but one that people with an attention to detail will notice.

As for the category layout, I think you have got it spot on. The only thing I would possibly do is move the "Local" category to the top. This tends to be a matter of personal preference, but if something important has happend overnight I would want that to be the first thing my members read, and this is more likely to be the case if it is the first thing they see when they log in. Finally, try posting a few more topics in the less active boards (such as Webmaster Resources) to try and promote discussion there.

All in all I think you have a decent basis for a forum, and with a few minor changes and a bit more activity could become successful.

Thank you very much for the review AndroidOS. About apostrophe, it was intentional, as the forum is webmaster's discussions, resources and support, so that was the idea behind it.
And about TLD, I will surely get one soon.
What kind of changes would you recommend for the theme? I am thinking of getting a logo, as well as new forum images.

I see, the apostrophe makes sense now.

Regarding the theme, I don't really know what sort of changes you could make (I'm not much of a designer). I was simply saying that I've seen the theme on other forums and it would be nice to have something on yours that made it stand out.

Sorry if this has been said but I believe your next task should be a logo for your forum! I believe that someone talented could make something good out of your logo. I just see it being a bit brand-able for some reason in my head. I know a person that does good logos for a cheap rate if you want the name PM'd to you. (Don't worry, I'm not on a commission here :p)

Other than that, as Sam said, keep making a few more topics per day, get the discussion going and hopefully Bob'll be your uncle!

*virtual thumbs up*

Thanks @iHaze as much as I'd like a logo from a pro designer, I really cant pay any money, all I can offer is forum currency or some exchange, so it will be tough for me to get a logo from a designer.

You have spelled your site wrong in the first post.
First of all I love how you started with a small amount of boards, let them fill up and when the need of creating a separate board for a certain topic emerges than create a new board.
The theme looks great and fits the niche.
But there is a bad part in you being a bit less active.
You need to post a lot of posts daily to make a successful site.

Here are a few more suggestions (taking a break from studying at the moment):
1. A new theme wouldn't go amiss or you could customise the one you currently have. This theme is used on a number of forums and it is well designed but it would be great to see something a bit different.
2. You need to find something which you can offer which is different from what's offered on other webmaster forums. If you could put together a graphics team or something, that could work really well.
3. Members appear to have deserted your forum. You probably need to artificially increase the activity on your forum to encourage them to come back. You should join postloop and do post exchanges with other members.
4. Interviews with expert webmasters...

Good Luck! :D

Here are a few more suggestions (taking a break from studying at the moment):
1. A new theme wouldn't go amiss or you could customise the one you currently have. This theme is used on a number of forums and it is well designed but it would be great to see something a bit different.
2. You need to find something which you can offer which is different from what's offered on other webmaster forums. If you could put together a graphics team or something, that could work really well.
3. Members appear to have deserted your forum. You probably need to artificially increase the activity on your forum to encourage them to come back. You should join postloop and do post exchanges with other members.
4. Interviews with expert webmasters...

Good Luck! :D
I like the 4th one and I think its really nice and effective :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds