Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How far forums have come... check out this Bulletin Board from 2005!

veloman

Recognized member
Website
velo.chat
Credits
I made a very brief write-up about this weird site on my forum - but this website is almost unchanged from 2005: https://www.cycleweb.co.uk/welcome.html - and they have a bulletin board that is... ancient (and non-functioning). Thought y'all might like to see it and see how far we've come! :)

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 21.21.47.png

Advertisement Placeholder
It's mad seeing forums like that when we're so used to the modern designs and functions. I remember when I first created a forum using SMF and thinking "wow, this is incredible" and looking back at it, it was so dated compared to now.

I remember using PhpBB1 and it was something like that.

But does anyone remember guestbooks? They were kind of like forums back in the day. Those bring back memories... Guestbooks, site counters, and animated banners from Flaming Text LOL https://flamingtext.com/
I'm too young to remember phpBB 1 however I do remember the site counters and animated banners from Flaming Text! I think I used that site for a lot of my graphics haha!

I'm too young to remember phpBB 1 however I do remember the site counters and animated banners from Flaming Text! I think I used that site for a lot of my graphics haha!
Site counters was the old school analytics. Haha.

I remember Bravenet offered a bunch of site addons and plugins on Tripod-Lycos or Angelfire free hosting services. Man! That brings back some memories!!

I made a very brief write-up about this weird site on my forum - but this website is almost unchanged from 2005: https://www.cycleweb.co.uk/welcome.html - and they have a bulletin board that is... ancient (and non-functioning). Thought y'all might like to see it and see how far we've come! :)

View attachment 1604
That's quite an ancient site! A lot of sites back then used ezboards so even for the time it was active it still was a bit dated. I've never really been a fan of message boards like this though. Reminds me of a primitive Reddit.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds