Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do your company handle fighting in the workplace?

Frank

Captain Junkie
Credits
I was off to refill my cooking gas this morning and I noticed that two workers at the filling station that I went to are seriously arguing and almost ready to fight. It took my warnings that I am going to report to the management before they could do. What do you think a company should do when two staff fight?

Advertisement Placeholder
I was off to refill my cooking gas this morning and I noticed that two workers at the filling station that I went to are seriously arguing and almost ready to fight. It took my warnings that I am going to report to the management before they could do. What do you think a company should do when two staff fight?

I do not think that fighting is the solution. In case if you are having problem with the other person, then in that case, you must simply report the employee to the manager or supervisor. I would warn my employees not to fight. If they still continue to fight and if they violate the rule again and again, then I may have no other option but to suspend them.

It's boldly written in all workers appointment letter in the company where I work that getting into any kind of physical fight and struggle with any coworker or business customers is punishable by immediate sack without any consideration. There's no room for fighting in the company.

This should solve it because I don't understand why two staff will want to get into a fight or even talk about getting into a fight at the workplace. It is pretty nonsensical and something that the boss should call them for a meeting to give stern warning again.

This should solve it because I don't understand why two staff will want to get into a fight or even talk about getting into a fight at the workplace. It is pretty nonsensical and something that the boss should call them for a meeting to give stern warning again.

Grown-ups are not supposed to be behaving like kids and I believe that is the reason why there is no room for consideration for anyone that gets into physical fight in our workplace.

The management makes it very clear whenever you are being employed to make sure that you go through the whole details of your appointment letter, so that you are not going to act without knowledge of the consequences that comes from your action.

In my entire career, I have never seen any fighting in the workplace. I have seen minor conflicts and all of these conflicts were solved through communication, but there has never been any fighting. If there had been any fights, I would all the staff would gather and try to solve it amiably.

I've seen where customers fought with a worker, workers fought each other and a boss assaulting his staff. I've seen it all and it's disappointing such behaviours are witnessed in workplaces.

Where I'm working now, the workers are well behaved. We haven't had any incidents since I was hired.

Any kind of business or company that doesn't deal with acts of violence in the workplace will always be putting their business in jeopardy. Imagine how your customers would feel when they are in your business space but only to see your workers fighting with each other or even fighting another customer.

I've seen where customers fought with a worker, workers fought each other and a boss assaulting his staff. I've seen it all and it's disappointing such behaviours are witnessed in workplaces.

Where I'm working now, the workers are well behaved. We haven't had any incidents since I was hired.

Such kind of occurrences might be quite rare. However, this may happen in a few workplaces where the employees have to deal with the customers in a direct manner. This may include supervisors and employees such as salesmen. In such cases, managers have to intervene in order to stop the fight.

Such kind of occurrences might be quite rare. However, this may happen in a few workplaces where the employees have to deal with the customers in a direct manner. This may include supervisors and employees such as salesmen. In such cases, managers have to intervene in order to stop the fight.
There was a video I watched online which happened in China where a customer was threatening two workers in the office. It was like services eatery. The customer barged into the staff enclosed space, they beat him so bad. One of the worker pulled out a gun in the process.

This is a common problem in many places. Many businesses may encounter very aggressive customers that could be really hard to manage. On the other hand, we may face other co-workers who may threaten their colleagues as well. Such kind of situations could bring very bad repercussions for the employees and for the business as well. Just imagine your business being shown on many news media channels where people are fighting with each other. I am sure this doesn't give a great impression about your business.

This is a common problem in many places. Many businesses may encounter very aggressive customers that could be really hard to manage. On the other hand, we may face other co-workers who may threaten their colleagues as well. Such kind of situations could bring very bad repercussions for the employees and for the business as well. Just imagine your business being shown on many news media channels where people are fighting with each other. I am sure this doesn't give a great impression about your business.
If I try to calm down a customer who's aggressive in my business workplace but they fail to cool down, I might be left with no choice but to walk them out of the business. One person won't disrupt the whole business of the day. If they are not willing to calm down so everything will be handled, they are welcome to leave.

There was a video I watched online which happened in China where a customer was threatening two workers in the office. It was like services eatery. The customer barged into the staff enclosed space, they beat him so bad. One of the worker pulled out a gun in the process.

Some customers can actually be very crazy and I've actually watched a similar video on Twitter in which a customer pulled a gun and shot a staff because he served his mother cold fries.

I kept wondering how this kind of thing can occur in a restaurant in public and there is nothing anyone could have done to stop it from happening until the employee was shot dead.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds