Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you observe/honor the passing of a beloved forum member?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
How do you observe or honor the passing of a beloved forum or staff member who was a long time part of your forum? Do you put a special title on their username? How do you honor that person's memory in such a way as to let others know the special part they played in building your forum community?

Advertisement Placeholder
Touch wood, I've not had that happen to me yet, though a few of my members are certainly old enough to pass away without it being a huge shock.

If it did come up, I would probably make them their own remembrance thread, stickied, for people to talk about them in, make a banner for the top of the forum, and possibly change the forum theme to something sombre for the day. I would also maybe send out an email to let people know.

Thankfully this has never happened to me while I ran a forum. But if I did I would make a global announcement about it and open up a donation booth on behalf on the member who passed away if I got consent from their family to donate to them.

I never had any staff who passed away.

If one of my staffs passes away, I may put an honorary title under his/her username.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds