Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you handle work when you're away due to personal reasons?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Let's say you're sick and needed to go to the hospital, and had to take time away from your work. How do you handle that? Do you give your work to someone else to do? I've been away from work before, but it's never been too long. But let's say you're out of work for a month, how do you handle that?

Advertisement Placeholder
That's why you have to be good at work. In this kind of situation, the power of delegation works very best. While at work you should have identified some able hands who are capable of taking over from you while you're away.

That's why you have to be good at work. In this kind of situation, the power of delegation works very best. While at work you should have identified some able hands who are capable of taking over from you while you're away.

I think that if a person is away due to some personal reasons, then they should not concentrate on work. This is because they may not be able to focus on work.

When working from home it is possible to be away without being noticed but if woking in the office then definitely, I would need someone to cover for me, atleast to attend to the phone calls.

When working from home it is possible to be away without being noticed but if woking in the office then definitely, I would need someone to cover for me, atleast to attend to the phone calls.

Well, I am the only person who works at home and i would not want anyone to interfere with my work. This is why I tend to handle my work on my own. I have a fixed schedule when it comes to working online.

Well, someone covers for me at my job. Nothing can be done. I will work from home when I can. Outside of that, my own personal online work gets put on hold.

Well, someone covers for me at my job. Nothing can be done. I will work from home when I can. Outside of that, my own personal online work gets put on hold.

I think that in case if you work as a freelancer, then you are the only one whop is responsible for your job. This is one of the main advantages of working in the freelancing industry. You can focus on your work in a much better way.

Depending on my health condition at that moment, if I can still carry out my duties then I will try to work from home or better still handover the work to another colleague, so the work does not pile up before you return.

I work online since I do a lot of things on my computer when I'm at office so it's basically like I'm at work if I'm feeling sick or something like that I try to rest and not work unless it's very important

Let's say you're sick and needed to go to the hospital, and had to take time away from your work. How do you handle that? Do you give your work to someone else to do? I've been away from work before, but it's never been too long. But let's say you're out of work for a month, how do you handle that?

I believe that in this situation that you are not the one that is going to be charged with the responsibility of giving your job to another person but the company you are working for will make all the preparation to have another person step into your role until you are back.

With the evolution of the internet and communication tools, it has been easy to manage your won on the go. You do not have to be physically present in your workplace to see day-to-day operations. Since I work online and also run online business, I can manage my work and business from any where as long as I have access to internet and electricity.

I can actually say that if that's a work that you can be able to delegate to another person to carry out for you, it is what you are supposed to do because there is no other way for you to go about it especially if there is a deadline that is expected for the work to be delivered. If it is a work that doesn't have any delivery schedule, then you can always get back to it and complete it whenever you start feeling better.

I am quite sure that if I move away or if I am on vacations, then I may appoint another person who may be responsible. This may also require me to hire a person who is aware of the nature of business and a person who can handle things properly while i am away from the business.

I am quite sure that if I move away or if I am on vacations, then I may appoint another person who may be responsible. This may also require me to hire a person who is aware of the nature of business and a person who can handle things properly while i am away from the business.

It's very important to appoint someone who's capable of doing the job well to take over when you're not going to be around. Business will need to keep going, so because you're not around shouldn't be the reason why business have to stop going on.

If it's a work I can delegate to another person who's capable of doing it, I don't see any other choice left for me. I will make sure to explain everything to the person I will be leaving in charge of the job until I come back. If it's what I can't leave in another person's care, it will stay like that until I return.

I work online since I do a lot of things on my computer when I'm at office so it's basically like I'm at work if I'm feeling sick or something like that I try to rest and not work unless it's very important

Anyone who is working online as a freelancer is always going to have a better way to manage their scheduled especially when they have a personal reason why they cannot be able to do whatever they need to do on daily basis. Whenever they can be available to continue their jobs where they stop, nobody is going to question them for it.

My business doesn't suffer when I am away from work because of one reason or another. My workers have been great and can always be in control when I am away from work for one reason or another. So, I worry less about it.

My business doesn't suffer when I am away from work because of one reason or another. My workers have been great and can always be in control when I am away from work for one reason or another. So, I worry less about it.

This is practically the reason why it is always advised for you to take the recruitment of your employees very seriously. You have to make sure that you hire only the best suited people for the job so that whenever you are not around, they can be able to carry out their job effectively and efficiently.

This is practically the reason why it is always advised for you to take the recruitment of your employees very seriously. You have to make sure that you hire only the best suited people for the job so that whenever you are not around, they can be able to carry out their job effectively and efficiently.

I do not joke with how I hire staff at the workplace. It is personal most of the time to me. I am of the opinion that the people that you work with at the office, as a boss, reflect the type of person that you are. So, if you hire wrongly, you have yourself to be blamed.

I do not joke with how I hire staff at the workplace. It is personal most of the time to me. I am of the opinion that the people that you work with at the office, as a boss, reflect the type of person that you are. So, if you hire wrongly, you have yourself to be blamed.

There are some business owners or entrepreneur who make the mistake of having some sort of preferential treatment when it comes to hiring employees that are going to work for them. I see this as a very serious mistake because it is your business that is directly going to suffer for putting someone who doesn't have the skill and knowledge to carry out the job that he has been hired to do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds