Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you feel about your bosses impromptu change of plans?

Credits
Personally, this is something that I really hate so much and the reason why I hate it so much is because it catches me off guard and unprepared for whatever reason my boss had to change plans unexpectedly. I usually have myself struggling with such changes in trying to meet up. I always like to be well organised with a good day's work plan.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally, this is something that I really hate so much and the reason why I hate it so much is because it catches me off guard and unprepared for whatever reason my boss had to change plans unexpectedly. I usually have myself struggling with such changes in trying to meet up. I always like to be well organised with a good day's work plan.

Bosses usually change their work plans if they feel that a change is needed. This is why they may change things completely with informing their employees. This is a very common thing in many workplaces where they depend on different kind of business strategies.

If they are changes that need to be made, they need to do it. But I do agree that employees should be told, which is why good businesses will inform their employees of any major changes, as they should. If a company or business does not do this, then it's a disservice to ones employees to keep them out of the loop in this way. Especially if it changes the way they work or what they will be working on.

If they are changes that need to be made, they need to do it. But I do agree that employees should be told, which is why good businesses will inform their employees of any major changes, as they should. If a company or business does not do this, then it's a disservice to ones employees to keep them out of the loop in this way. Especially if it changes the way they work or what they will be working on.

Any kind of changes that is going to affect the workflow of any business needs to be updated to the workers as quickly as possible because they need to know how they are supposed to take care of things otherwise it is going to mess up the whole business set up until everyone has been updated.

Any kind of changes that is going to affect the workflow of any business needs to be updated to the workers as quickly as possible because they need to know how they are supposed to take care of things otherwise it is going to mess up the whole business set up until everyone has been updated.

The bosses may change thing and try to implement different things during crucial times. This may actually change the direction and this may impact the workflow in a direct manner. When such thing happens, it is crucial to discuss things with your manager.

I think if changes are to be made by my boss, it should be communicated to every employee that are involved in the tasks so they get prepared for the new job. But if it is impromptu, every one has to adapt to plan...

In my last job, my boss had an impromptu change of plan and asked me to go to another town immediately. When I refused, we has a verbal war and I quit the job. If an impromptu change of plan has nothing to do with me personally, I do not mind the change of plans though.

My boss has changed his mind on a number of things, sometimes after the fact and we had already been doing things a certain way. It is annoying but we all got used to it by now. lol

I think if changes are to be made by my boss, it should be communicated to every employee that are involved in the tasks so they get prepared for the new job. But if it is impromptu, every one has to adapt to plan...

Communicating with the employees is the key. However, I think that if you keep changing your plans very often, then your employees may get annoyed. No tall the people like sudden changes because it could have an impact on the workflow as well.

Communicating with the employees is the key. However, I think that if you keep changing your plans very often, then your employees may get annoyed. No tall the people like sudden changes because it could have an impact on the workflow as well.
It actually show incompetence on the part of the manager or the boss. Probably he is taking all the decisions on his own without any input from members of his staff. It shows he has no regard for people working with him in the organization..

It actually show incompetence on the part of the manager or the boss. Probably he is taking all the decisions on his own without any input from members of his staff. It shows he has no regard for people working with him in the organization..

Many bosses and managers do not consider the opinion of their workers as they may not trust them or they may think that the employee is inexperienced. This is why the client may not be able to offer the right kind of opinion or suggestion due to being inexperienced. This leads the bosses to change plans and the employee must abide by what the boss says.

He's the boss and it's his business. It's within his right to make any changes to his business plans whenever he desires. A worker doesn't command his boss on what he should do and not do. If he gives the change of plans information to his workers, I will follow it to the latter.

Many bosses and managers do not consider the opinion of their workers as they may not trust them or they may think that the employee is inexperienced. This is why the client may not be able to offer the right kind of opinion or suggestion due to being inexperienced. This leads the bosses to change plans and the employee must abide by what the boss says.
Employees opinion should sometimes be sought in some jobs they are good at, even though their opinion could not be implemented. It gives some sense of belonging and they can as well take responsibility in what they do..

Workers don't have any say in this kind of situation and it's why their employers don't put them into consideration or ask for their opinions when they are making such changes.

What can a worker do but to obey what they have been told? There's no need arguing with them because it won't change anything.

It could not be too healthy for the employer to have less regards for the staffs because they also contribute to the success of the company. The boss can not do all the job all by himself..

Employees opinion should sometimes be sought in some jobs they are good at, even though their opinion could not be implemented. It gives some sense of belonging and they can as well take responsibility in what they do..

Everything is all about the personality of the business owner and how he or she wants to run his business because there are some of them who don't really give a damn about whatever any of the employees have to say in how to run and manage the business. They just expect everyone to follow their instruction to the latter without any complain.

Everything is all about the personality of the business owner and how he or she wants to run his business because there are some of them who don't really give a damn about whatever any of the employees have to say in how to run and manage the business. They just expect everyone to follow their instruction to the latter without any complain.
I know it does happen that the boss would want everyone to fall into place. It will also depends on the type of job involved. If it is jobs that requires no experience they employees could easily fit in with the job..

I will not be cool with any manager or boss that is always changing plans impromptu at the workplace. These staff have their life at home and plans for the day as well. So, changing their plans because you want them to do something at the workplace is so wrong and should not be supported by anyone at all.

I will not be cool with any manager or boss that is always changing plans impromptu at the workplace. These staff have their life at home and plans for the day as well. So, changing their plans because you want them to do something at the workplace is so wrong and should not be supported by anyone at all.

Just imagine working hard and following a specific plan. However, at the main point, you receive orders that require you to work in a complete opposite direction. This would make many people annoyed and confused as well. Under such kind of circumstances, the chances of employees making mistakes are quite high.

It is actually very unfortunate that those kind of bosses will never put into consideration that their workers also have another thing that they do with their lives which they should all put into consideration whenever they are making changes that is going to affect their workers time table. This is because everyone need to do the things that they need to do for themselves when they are supposed to do it for themselves.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds