Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you earn from forums?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't.

The only forum I own is Gaming Section. At which I only just started placing 2 advertisements on it and only to help cover the cost.

VIP payments will be going to wards game servers that users have been waiting and wanting for so long now, and the help of the website server as well.

I put more money into the forum Then I take out. :p

I don't.

The only forum I own is Gaming Section. At which I only just started placing 2 advertisements on it and only to help cover the cost.

VIP payments will be going to wards game servers that users have been waiting and wanting for so long now, and the help of the website server as well.

I put more money into the forum Then I take out. :p

Not that I'm complaining but that's probably the biggest reason forum owners find it so hard to earn money from a forum- because there are always other forums with no ads or premium membership options which are just as good..

I suppose having member gaming servers would be a huge boost to your site Jordan?

Not that I'm complaining but that's probably the biggest reason forum owners find it so hard to earn money from a forum- because there are always other forums with no ads or premium membership options which are just as good..

I suppose having member gaming servers would be a huge boost to your site Jordan?

Ya, I did not plan to put any ads on it. & I still plan to take them off as well. However, at the current time I'm unable to. We have had users already buy VIP and advertising spots, but not to much.

For the game servers, thats the general idea. I plan to fund several game servers such as a minecraft server, planet side 2, batlefield 3, and a samp server just to name a few.

Also, we are currently in the works of implementing a system that will allow our users to buy steam games with the money they earn from GS.

That is the reason why I have put the money system in the forum is for users to earn and generate while they post and stay active. This will allow them to actually buy real games with that they got. As far as i know we will be the first forum to implement this. This is going to be a custom mod.

Yeah I would agree with LiquidServe, Selling adspace to me is the best, via sites like BuySellAds, Forums canmake good enough money from that. For my forum, I don't display any ads on it currently, but I'm just working on content and traffic at the minute.

You can try to offer paid membership, in return you can offer certain benefits.

You can also sell products as an affiliate.

I do not earn much from my forum other than fun and enjoyment for everyone. Kinda like Christmas but everyday. :p

I've sold link space in my signature line and that works as a way to fund the forum. Currently, ads are only shown to guests and people who are not logged in, so members are not bothered by ads. However most large forums with an active membership has ads which are shown to everyone. So, I don't really see why a forum owner couldn't just as easily choose that route.

If your forum is popular and is one of the best in your specific niche, you will be surprised how many people will donate. That is exactly how one music forum I am a part of runs. People like a clean forum without ads.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds