Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you decide on the niche?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
Picking the right niche for your website is super important. The niche will determine whether your website will be successful or not. The success of a website lies on two things, one, traffic, and two revenue. Traffic and revenue both are dependent on a niche. You need to choose a topic that's not only profitable but also something you're really interested in and know a lot about. If you try to work on something you don't understand, you probably won't succeed. Therefore, choose your website's topic wisely!

Advertisement Placeholder
I choose my website niche based on what I have passion in. Passion is very important for any website project because there's always a time when it will make you feel like quitting for lack of the results you want. If you're using a niche which you don't have a passion for, it will be easy for you to quit.

My niche of drumming isn't about profit. If I wanted profit, I would choose the employment niche. It has a high click-rate on ads. People go to such sites not for information, I think, but to find work.

This is actually a very good suggestion when it comes to a niche that is always going to drive a lot of traffic because when you look at the level of unemployment today, you can actually understand the reason why a lot of people are going to be searching and interested in any forum that offers information about employment related issues. I think I'm going to do something on this sooner than later.

I run forums based on what interests me and what I have a passion for. I love to help people online with things I'm knowledgeable in and I like to work with client-side coding, which is why I created a resource board to help sites thrive by adding custom features to their board through coding.

I have always created any forum that I have owned based on something that I have a strong interest in. I feel if you create a forum and do not have an interest in the topic of your forum, it is destined to fail eventually unless you hire people to create content for the forum for you which can be costly.

My niche of drumming isn't about profit. If I wanted profit, I would choose the employment niche. It has a high click-rate on ads. People go to such sites not for information, I think, but to find work.
I think you can choose a topic that you are passionate about and still make a profit from it. Drumming is a micro niche, and if you actually want, you can use multiple monetization methods.

Absolutely, choosing the right niche is the foundation of a successful website. Your insight about the direct connection between niche selection, traffic, and revenue is spot on. Passion and knowledge about your chosen topic are key drivers for long-term success. It's not just about profitability; it's about building something sustainable and enjoyable. Great advice for anyone venturing into the world of websites

Lots of research really. I choose a niche that I can capitalize on, I don't want to invest in a niche unless I know for sure it can benefit me. Finding a niche that isn't tapped into is hard to do. Most niches are packed up with sites/blogs already, so it can be hard to compete when you don't have a good niche to fill.

I decide on the niche first. I only start projects on subjects I know. It is easier to deal with them that way.

Yeah, that's very correct. It's always going to be in your best interest to start a new forum with a niche that's more like your hobby. This is the only way it's going to be very difficult for you to quit on the forum project whenever the road becomes too challenging for you.

I have a simple policy about deciding on a niche for my blog or forum. I choose something I have knowledge of and something that can make money. I have a forum on mental health. I have knowledge of various mental health topics and mental health is also one of the profitable niches.

No matter what I do, I make sure it is something I enjoy and will keep enjoying. It is a bad idea to pick something that you may lose interest in or something that is seasonal or will age poorly.

No matter what I do, I make sure it is something I enjoy and will keep enjoying. It is a bad idea to pick something that you may lose interest in or something that is seasonal or will age poorly.

Whenever you are starting a new forum project, it is always going to be in your best interest to have whatever you are doing rooted in something that you have a very strong passion for. This is because that is the only way you can be able to overcome the challenges that comes when things are not going how you expected.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds