Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do You Deal With Workplace Politics?

This is the best approach. Do your work and leave. Don't give ears to side talks. Some of those power hungry people would come and tell you what you are missing by not joining their faction. I just tell them I am okay with the things I am already benefitting.

Seriously from my experience with working for so many years, I've come to find out that it's the best way for you to do your work in any kind of organisation and avoid any kind of politics that is being played there. Go home and rest and still come back tomorrow and do your work. You are going to last in that company for a long time.

Advertisement Placeholder
I always try my best to stay away from discussions that has to do with politics. So whether in the workplace or anywhere they are having the discussion I don't take part in it.

Personally for me if the discussion on politics is something that is healthy and I believe that is going to be beneficial for me in that setting, I am sure going to be involved in it but I will always bow out from it when it becomes intense.

The truth is that it will be very hard for you to avoid workplace politics. if you want to do it you need to know that with some level of carefulness and sincerity. Almost every area of Life involves politics.

Well, in many cases, it is very hard to avoid it, especially if you have to deal with co-workers all the time. This may be one of the important thing you must understand and deal with it effectively and wisely.

Workplace politics is a very common kind of issue in many places. if you work at a place, then you may encounter people who might be toxic. We must understand that this is a really common problem in many such kind of places. So, when it comes to workplace politics, how do you deal with it?
If I have any business organisation I am operating , I will always make rules and regulation concerning this that politics should only be discussed on neutral ground. A lot of people are taking politics look like a catalyst that could speed up the rate of problem and hatred in organisation most especially when other people are having different points of view from each other entirely.

It is true that politics there are politics in so many organizations. To survive work place politics, understand the informal network, build connections, develop your people skills, make the most of your network, be brave not naive, neutralize nagative politics.

Well, in many cases, it is very hard to avoid it, especially if you have to deal with co-workers all the time. This may be one of the important thing you must understand and deal with it effectively and wisely.
Yeah, I believe as an individual who interact in a business environment, it is something that is unavoidable. But you just have to try as much as possible to trade with caution.

It depends on the kind of office politics being played I would have to see if it's something I'm going to benefit from, otherwise I wouldn't be involved once it's not mandatory for every staff to participate in the politics.

It is true that politics there are politics in so many organizations. To survive work place politics, understand the informal network, build connections, develop your people skills, make the most of your network, be brave not naive, neutralize nagative politics.

Politics is always a very dirty game in my country no matter where it is being carried out. It doesn't matter if it's in the government or at workplace which is why I try as much as possible to avoid being involved in it because it's something that I know is going to always trouble my conscience and that is going to make me restless.

A lot of people have actually lost their job as a result of being involved in dirty politics in their workplace which ended up not being in their favour and they had to pay the price without getting any assurances for those they were supporting.

Well, this is because many of the co-workers may usually get tired of them and they never prefer to have such kind of people at workplace who engage in politics. If a person is proving to be bad for workplace, then employees may unite against him. He may lose his job, as the chances of losing the job are quite high under such circumstances.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds