Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with employee on employee conflicts?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Sometimes when you run a business, you'll have to deal with arguments and fighting among your employees. Sometimes employees hate on each other, start fights with each other and sometimes throw offensive words at each other. How do you, deal with employees acting up in this way? Do you reprimand them and give them warnings? Tell them they're at risk of being fired or suspended? What do you do?

Advertisement Placeholder
Sometimes when you run a business, you'll have to deal with arguments and fighting among your employees. Sometimes employees hate on each other, start fights with each other and sometimes throw offensive words at each other. How do you, deal with employees acting up in this way? Do you reprimand them and give them warnings? Tell them they're at risk of being fired or suspended? What do you do?

Conflicts between two employees is a very common thing in many places. This is why it is a good thing to deal with all of your employees in a fair manner. So, this is the basic rule that I would follow in the first place. I would certainly be lenient and ask the employees to avoid conflicts in many cases.

I would try to analyze the root of the problem and see where everything started. I would also see who is more truthful and who is at fault. I would propose a solution that does not hurt anyone. Even when someone is at fault., I would never tell publicly, among the staff, that this guy is making a mistake. I would rather call him into my chamber and try to make him realize that he was at fault.

I would try to analyze the root of the problem and see where everything started. I would also see who is more truthful and who is at fault. I would propose a solution that does not hurt anyone. Even when someone is at fault., I would never tell publicly, among the staff, that this guy is making a mistake. I would rather call him into my chamber and try to make him realize that he was at fault.

It is always a good thing to investigate things and then making sure that the conflict is resolved in the best manner. Otherwise, things may not go well. Employee conflict is not a healthy thing and bosses must make sure that they resolve the conflict in the best manner.

Personally for me, the way I will handle this kind of conflict between employees is by being open-ended and forthcoming when approaching both of them because I will have to do it face-to-face and not meeting them privately to discuss the matter. This is so that everyone will say it publicly and I will know how to fix and resolve the problem.

I will call both of the employees and hear from both of them what's the problem. If it's a serious matter, I will appoint a panel to investigate the whole matter and report their findings. With the findings the panel provided, I will know how to tackle the problem and give sanction to the worker who deserves it.

It is always going to be to the best interest of any company or business to not have any kind of tolerance for employees conflict. Whenever your employees know that the management is going to take it seriously with them if they should be having conflicts at work, they are going to try everything possible to avoid having problems that is going to get the attentions of the management involved.

Personally for me, the way I will handle this kind of conflict between employees is by being open-ended and forthcoming when approaching both of them because I will have to do it face-to-face and not meeting them privately to discuss the matter. This is so that everyone will say it publicly and I will know how to fix and resolve the problem.

It must be a kind of decision that should be balanced. I would never favour one employee over the other. It is always a better idea to deal fairly with people who work with you in the same organisation. This is because we should work like a family. In fact, I even view many online platforms as a kind of platforms where we all are family members.

It must be a kind of decision that should be balanced. I would never favour one employee over the other. It is always a better idea to deal fairly with people who work with you in the same organisation. This is because we should work like a family. In fact, I even view many online platforms as a kind of platforms where we all are family members.

It is always going to give your business a bad reputation if you are the kind of person that is always partial with how you handle employees conflict. You are supposed to handle everything in balance in a way that you give each and every one of them a 50/50 chance of explaining what happened, so that you can decode exactly what went wrong and know how to tackle everything.

It is always going to give your business a bad reputation if you are the kind of person that is always partial with how you handle employees conflict. You are supposed to handle everything in balance in a way that you give each and every one of them a 50/50 chance of explaining what happened, so that you can decode exactly what went wrong and know how to tackle everything.

Yes, this is why I stated that being fair is always important when you deal with employees. It would be a really bad idea to favour one employee over the other, even if the other employee is a senior person. This is where things should be considered in the best manner.

When workers fight at my farm, they are sure of the consequences that follows which is indefinite suspension. I will always encourage them not to fight, but reach out to me when they are having any form of issues within themselves.

When workers fight at my farm, they are sure of the consequences that follows which is indefinite suspension. I will always encourage them not to fight, but reach out to me when they are having any form of issues within themselves.

There are some employees who can be very stupid because I don't understand the reason why they would have to get into physical fighting when there is a management for them to report whatever the problem is so that it will be taken care of and issue punishment to those who are at fault.

I wouldn't mind much if all my workers did was throw offensive words at each other. If whatever they are saying to each other isn't preventing them from working, not distracting/disturbing others and being productive, they can do it as long as they want.

I wouldn't mind much if all my workers did was throw offensive words at each other. If whatever they are saying to each other isn't preventing them from working, not distracting/disturbing others and being productive, they can do it as long as they want.

Personally, I don't think it is going to be possible for anyone who is employed in the company to find it easy to work when two of your employees are engaged in a heated argument where they exchange offensive words to each other. It is definitely going to interrupt the operational activities that is going on in the company.

Personally, I don't think it is going to be possible for anyone who is employed in the company to find it easy to work when two of your employees are engaged in a heated argument where they exchange offensive words to each other. It is definitely going to interrupt the operational activities that is going on in the company.

This may also depend a lot on the kind of conflict. Usually there are many employers or bosses who may not take things seriously. However, they may need to take things seriously when the matters may get worse. I think that a boss should take things seriously in order to avoid employee conflicts.

This may also depend a lot on the kind of conflict. Usually there are many employers or bosses who may not take things seriously. However, they may need to take things seriously when the matters may get worse. I think that a boss should take things seriously in order to avoid employee conflicts.

I have never seen anyone who stays calm when they are being verbally abused by someone they are working with. This is the reason why I believe that it is not something to be overlooked in any kind of business establishment. It is going to definitely disrupt the business activities.

I have never seen anyone who stays calm when they are being verbally abused by someone they are working with. This is the reason why I believe that it is not something to be overlooked in any kind of business establishment. It is going to definitely disrupt the business activities.

Well, in many cases, many representatives of a company are supposed to be calm when it comes to dealing with customers. They may have no other option but they have to deal with the customer. Again it depends on the nature of job. I can relate to it because I have been in such kind of condition.

It's not impossible for you to see this in any company, it's only difficult but not impossible. There are people who are calm like ice. They might be having issues and exchanging words with others but will be calm at it. I've seen people like this in my workplace.

It's not impossible for you to see this in any company, it's only difficult but not impossible. There are people who are calm like ice. They might be having issues and exchanging words with others but will be calm at it. I've seen people like this in my workplace.

Personally, I am of the opinion that you shouldn't allow anything that have the potential of bringing chaos in your business place. This is because there are always some people would react to some certain things in a way that is going to become explosive that it will cause a very serious damage to your business.

Personally, I am of the opinion that you shouldn't allow anything that have the potential of bringing chaos in your business place. This is because there are always some people would react to some certain things in a way that is going to become explosive that it will cause a very serious damage to your business.

I think that usually when a conflict occurs, the supervisors usually handle the conflict. If the problem gets worse, then the issue is handled by the manager. The problem may rarely get escalated and the owner may get involved if the matter is serious.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds