Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How Do You Charge: Per Hour or Per Task?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
Even though I have worked for hourly rate, my favorite ways to bill clients by charging per task. Let's say a certain task takes 3 hours to complete, instead of asking $10 per hour and total $30 for the task, I might ask for $30 for the task. I might charge higher for the tasks that take more time to compete and are more complicated in nature.

Advertisement Placeholder
How do you determine your daily rate? How do you ensure that your rate reflect how much work you have to do?

It's basically what I want to make per hour, multiplied by 8 hours - which is the average person's workday here. But I consider this my minimum daily rate, whether I actually take 8 hours to complete, or it only takes 5, I still charge the daily rate.

I like charging per task. How much I would charge depends on how much time and effort I will have to put. However, sometimes I also have to agree with what the client is offering. My charges also depend on how badly I want money.

I take it you work as a freelancer? Because usually on the labour market as a freelancer there is a minimum hourly rate for performing activities and tasks. I would prefer a total amount for the work done for example you need to repair a 7 minute video and it takes 4 hours I would ask for the whole 4 hour job for about 30$.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds