Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you afford your hosting?

Hello Greg,
First of all Welcome to our community and thanks for joining us.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

I pay out of pocket, I do this as a hobby. I have ran ads in the past and I think they take away from the website. I am more interested in unique visitors and page views.

Greg

But the potential of a website with a lot of visitors is limitless. You could make a living out if it! :)

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, if I had to pay for hosting I would either pay for it out of my own pocket or use the money I make from posting/article gigs on various gig websites (Not that I've made that much from them yet lol)

I do freelance work that allows me to get the money to pay for the bills I need to cover. Freelancing in my opinion is a great way to earn some extra cash.

I have always payed it out of my own pocket, I have dropped several hundreds, if not thousands into forums and webmaster stuff. I do not make sites to profit, I wish to have an amazing community, one I can say I proudly own. That is my main goal.

My hosting is pretty cheap. So even though I can use my own site resources to pay for it, I have no issues paying for it out of pocket.

My hosting is pretty cheap. So even though I can use my own site resources to pay for it, I have no issues paying for it out of pocket.
If you don't mind me asking, which particular hosting are you using?

I'm currently under DreamHost, and it's around $8 a month. However, I'm sharing the account, so I pay only half of it a month. I get the money from ad earnings, mainly. There's this small-name ad company I'm with that pays monthly, so I get it mainly from them.

I'm currently under DreamHost, and it's around $8 a month. However, I'm sharing the account, so I pay only half of it a month. I get the money from ad earnings, mainly. There's this small-name ad company I'm with that pays monthly, so I get it mainly from them.

$8 a month? that's insane.

I'm paying $16 a year with invision domains. 8 a month isn't bad or anything, but with invision domains you can pay double that and have a full year covered.

Look into it when you get the chance.

Are you using a shared server, reseller or a VPS?

Hosting is provided for us by a good friend(thank god) so I can worry about other expenses :)

I will probably enter a posting contest or two before making the site and hopefully do good in them to earn a decent amount to order the hosting then when the site grows more people might be interested in purchasing ad space so I might look in that direction at some point. :p

Well when is tart my new forum ill most likely do post to host or something like that.

Not to brag, but I've earned so much affiliate revenue from my host by recommending people that I have free hosting all the way up till the middle of 2014.

That's really awesome! Can I host you and have you as my affiliate? :p

Well when is tart my new forum ill most likely do post to host or something like that.

WebGurubb offers Webhosting and reseller Webhosting for forum cash too... :)

Haha, I have like 2 other web hosting companies who want to sponsor me for the same reason xD

I bet you do and I bet your host really wants to keep you too. I'd keep other offers on the lookout though- they may offer you a better deal. You could do a trial run with the webhost with a test site to check speed etc. You might get a reseller account for free or something, I know I'd offer you that! It's awesome to see you have done so well! :)

I host my websites on Weebly, it costs me around $50 yearly.

$50 is not a big amount, I can easily collect it online.

I bet you do and I bet your host really wants to keep you too. I'd keep other offers on the lookout though- they may offer you a better deal. You could do a trial run with the webhost with a test site to check speed etc. You might get a reseller account for free or something, I know I'd offer you that! It's awesome to see you have done so well! :)

My only main problem with my current host is I have to wait 3 months before I can cashout my affiliate revenue. As you can imagine, it is a pretty terrible wait.

My only main problem with my current host is I have to wait 3 months before I can cashout my affiliate revenue. As you can imagine, it is a pretty terrible wait.

I suppose that's to deal with fraud orders. 3 months is a long time though. Do you get reoccurring commissions - as in a % per month per referral?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds