Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do I clean my phone?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
This may be a dumb question but what is the best way to clean my smartphone? Just water? Warm or cold? Soap? Can I wipe over the screensaver?

How often do you clean your phone?

Advertisement Placeholder
I clean it about once a month with wet piece of cloth and then leaving it to dry for a few hours just to be safe.
Seems easy enough. I have had my phone for like a year without cleaning it haha so I am thinking I probably should...

Just get a piece of cloth, it doesn't have to be wet, thats what I do. That's what I also do for cleaning my glasses.[DOUBLEPOST=1405645957][/DOUBLEPOST]Just get a piece of cloth, it doesn't have to be wet, thats what I do. That's what I also do for cleaning my glasses.

They sell wipes that you can wipe your phone with I believe.

Corning Gorilla Glass has also created bacteria deterrent glass, so bacteria or germs won't stay on your phone.

They sell wipes that you can wipe your phone with I believe.

Corning Gorilla Glass has also created bacteria deterrent glass, so bacteria or germs won't stay on your phone.
That sounds like something I would want. Do you know if that type of glass is expensive?

Water? Soap? Smartphones? Err. It's usually best to get a cover over your smartphone and to keep it clean. Otherwise, a bit of alcohol over a cleaning cloth might help.

I use a damp piece of toilet paper or something then quickly give it a dry off using the hair dryer, works perfect.

A microfiber cloth is all you need. I don't recommend using water (or alcohol) on your device unless it's at least water resistant. There are far too many crevices where water can leak into the board beneath.

A microfiber cloth is all you need. I don't recommend using water (or alcohol) on your device unless it's at least water resistant. There are far too many crevices where water can leak into the board beneath.
A tad bit of alcohol is actually the best solution. You should be fine as long as you use a combination of water and alcohol that the tissue or microfiber cloth can absorb. As long as there isn't excess liquid exiting the cloth or tissue, the phone will be fine. :p

There is also the more expensive route. Professional kits are designed for this purpose. But you'll still have to use the same amount of liquid, and the substance is probably at least 60%-80% alcohol anyways. :p

A tad bit of alcohol is actually the best solution. You should be fine as long as you use a combination of water and alcohol that the tissue or microfiber cloth can absorb. As long as there isn't excess liquid exiting the cloth or tissue, the phone will be fine. :p

There is also the more expensive route. Professional kits are designed for this purpose. But you'll still have to use the same amount of liquid, and the substance is probably at least 60%-80% alcohol anyways. :p

Psh, if you're going to be putting water on it, you might as well run it through a jet wash. :p

Psh, if you're going to be putting water on it, you might as well run it through a jet wash. :p
I normally clean my phone screen / case with water and it's never effected it. I've never been able to tell the difference at least. Though, I never put a large amount of water on. I get a couple pieces of toilet roll and put a few drops of water on it, leave it for a little bit so it just goes damp and not soaking wet and then give it a wipe down. Works like a charm.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds