Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can I start haulage Business

Nurudeen

Captain Junkie
Credits
Moving goods from one place to another is one of the biggest challenges of distributors. Hence, I think it will be better to key into this business opportunity to make some good amount of money for myself, but the problem now is I don't know where to start from.

Advertisement Placeholder
Moving goods from one place to another is one of the biggest challenges of distributors. Hence, I think it will be better to key into this business opportunity to make some good amount of money for myself, but the problem now is I don't know where to start from.
You'll start from getting a vehicle or truck. You register your vehicle and get all operations permit. Next you set up your haulage company and get license too.

This is extremely capital intensive, you have to have a proper setup, which includes trucks, trailers, fork lifts , trustworthy drivers and importantly everything has to be insured, in case if an accident or an unforeseen circumstance.

That is their work, they're paid for that, they make their living through it. Nothing seems easy on earth, but we need determination, dedication, endurance and passion to keep going in life.

I have an uncle who is in this form of business, and to be honest, it is very lucrative. He have up to 11 trucks till date. He buys used trucks and takes them to his mechanic to dismantle and assemble them again. Get a tipper for sand, gravel and cement distribution. Get a truck for distribution of food items. These items are better on terms of returns and maintenance. Make sure you carryout your feasibility study thoroughly in order to avoid surprises.

To start a transportation company, the first thing you must have is the transportation to use, if you don't have it you must look for employees with availability of the truck or vehicle. Then you must create your business and register it in the competent entities, where you must deliver licenses and permits for workers and finally offer your services.

If it's within the state then I can recommend it for anybody to go into at least you can use motorcycle as your means of delivery, but if you're planning to the business out side the state or let's say you want to be moving from one state to another bro it's not easy the risk is too much.

Starting up an haulage company will require you to research on the current methods of haulage in the industry. The next step would be meeting other established haulage company already in existence, learn from them, then start up your company when you feel you have enough experience from such a company.

Haulage business is a profitable business if you establish and manage it the right way. If you want to start a business that you do not have much knowledge on, you need to get trained from successful experts that has been in the business for some time to guide you on how to go about it.

This is very serious but the question is do you have enough capital or money for the purchase of a vehicle. I will strongly advise if you are in position the first thing or agenda is to get or purchase a vehicle that will aleast helped you in the distribution of you goods to your customers as they needed.

You will need funds for purchase of vehicle, trucks and a trusted man as a driver, its not an easy one but good luck on it

You need to go on a look out for the people in the business. This people will put you through. The process may be more than just getting a vehicle. It needs you to be conversant with the cities you want to be plying.

If you mean by haulage business is the logistics that handles the cargo from the source to the destination then I don't think you can start that business. Pardon me for underestimating your financial capability but I have a hunch that you cannot afford to buy even one truck. And in hauling you would need at least 3 trucks and the manpower to do the operations. I have 3 friends in that business, you know.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning how to start an haulage business as you deem it profitable, I would suggest that you look for someone already in this business, you could work for the personas long as you have gained the info you need

Especially in this part of the country, there has been problems of food transport and it would be very nice if you can go into this but you will need huge capital to set up.

You should start by enquiring from those who are already in the business. It will help your learn what you should purchase and what you shouldn't.

Haulage business is a nice and profitable business if you have the money to fund it. To start a haulage business, you will have to meet people who have been in the business for some time to train you on how to run the business.

In setting up a haulage business business you need huge financial resources for, and when you get your trucks you must put tracking devices to monitor the drivers.

I think you'll have to enquire from the companies you want to provide the services for or those that have been providing before. That way you have a great idea.
Better still, conduct your research or survey and you'll get answers surely

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds