Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How can encourage subscribers?

WizeFox22

Credits
This is a bit of an issue I have. I would like to give people a reason to sign up to my blog but I am not sure how to go about it. Should I offer something free maybe? I do run it along side a small online business but it has yet to take off.

Advertisement Placeholder
Have a opt in sign up form as a pop up. Ive done it on some content (free downloads of actually stuff worth money) and saw instant sign ups. Mostly email, but a lot of those go and subscribe to your blog.

Pop ups are so annoying. I believe that your visitors will also get annoyed and they will just close the tab with your blog. I wouldn't recommend you to implement pop ups windows in your website.

Pop ups are so annoying. I believe that your visitors will also get annoyed and they will just close the tab with your blog. I wouldn't recommend you to implement pop ups windows in your website.
Why do they work so well then :wink:
There's a difference between implementing pop up ads and an email opt in :)

In general, pop up windows get on my nerves, especially if they are not responsive, because I am mainly using my iPad for browsing.

In general, pop up windows get on my nerves, especially if they are not responsive, because I am mainly using my iPad for browsing.
Yeah there's gotta be reasonsive. Or atleast pop ups only showing Ina desktop view.

You can even put a opt in form right on your front page if you aren't already.

I hate pop ups myself but I noticed when I started using one, it did help. Have one set to only pop up when the person scrolls to the bottom of the page. That way they can read it and decide instead of it happening soon as they land on it.

You can offer discounts or special sales for people who sign up. I do that and it goes well. Even just 5% off an order is enough to make people get all excited! haha

Have a opt in sign up form as a pop up. Ive done it on some content (free downloads of actually stuff worth money) and saw instant sign ups. Mostly email, but a lot of those go and subscribe to your blog.

I am a bit put off on the pop-ups because I honestly can't stand them myself but this is a good idea.

I do this myself on other people's blogs. If a pop up comes up, I just leave the blog.

I hate pop ups myself but I noticed when I started using one, it did help. Have one set to only pop up when the person scrolls to the bottom of the page. That way they can read it and decide instead of it happening soon as they land on it.

I didn't know this was an option but thinking back, I do remember blogs that did this. I think it is a better approach then just having things popping up soon as you load the page.

You can offer discounts or special sales for people who sign up. I do that and it goes well. Even just 5% off an order is enough to make people get all excited! haha

That is what I was thinking. I know some places will do a "members only" discount.

I didn't know this was an option but thinking back, I do remember blogs that did this. I think it is a better approach then just having things popping up soon as you load the page.

Yuppers! You don't want to make people mad soon as they go on your page!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds