Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can a business owner handle dishonest employees?

By terminating their appointment, you just have to fire them and employ more competent and honest ones.
What you said is about dishonest employees not an employee making a mistake, so I don't see the need to give such person a second chance when there are a lot of unemployed youths waiting to be in such position.

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe there are some people's that normally takes to correction and change their attitudes toward being honest when you gave them a good and thorough counselling.

I believe there are some people's that normally takes to correction and change their attitudes toward being honest when you gave them a good and thorough counselling.
I will always have to be so careful about dishonest people in my business organisation even if they claims to have changed their attitude, some of them are not really trusted as we think they are, no matter how honest they might be.

I think the best thing is to fire the person from the place of work so that it will not affect other hardworking people with the same mindset. you should picture a bad employee as a cancer which you need to eliminate right from the early stage.

I think one of the possible solutions to handle a dishonest employee, is to terminate his appointment to avoid any further happening in the organisation. When he is not sanctioned, others may also try to do the same.

A dishonest employee would be given series of warnings and if he is not complying with the company's rules and regulations, the best thing is to show such employees the way out.

There are several ways to purnished a dishonest employee depending on the strategy you use. Either by deducting from his salary, sanction for some months or complete termination of his appointment.

I am of the opinion that one could sound a note of warning to the employee and one should be able to take the proper decision whenever he /she fails to comply with the rules and regulations.

It is a very sad scenario to see that some employees are intentionally trying to bring you down. This is not a good thing and as such they should always be punishment for them depending on the gravity of their dishonesty and do not be afraid of sacking if it is that bad.

For me the best thing I will just do is to try and make sure I discontinued our business agreement. No matter what I do I can't With stand people that are not honest In their area of duty.

The first thing you should do is to get rid of such people from your organisation , because trying to change their mindset and perspective of life is a very hectic process that you will not be able to do.

Actually sometimes the business owners find it very difficult to dealt with such kind of employees due to sympathy and the economic situation. Yiu can decide to sack or terminate their appointment with your organisation.

There is no best way to handle a dishonest employee except to give him the sack letter, because if you tolerate dishonest employee your business will suffer because you're doing business to make profits not to lose.

The dishonest business employees should be dealt with for been very dishonest. A warning could be issued once and if it persist, the employee will be shown the way out.

Having somebody who is consistently inconsistent and this one is in your business is definitely bad especially for others. The best thing is to try to warn them and if they do not change then you have no option than to terminate their contract.

A dishonest employee could be corrected but if he failed to receive correction and change for the better it is always good to show him the way out of the business properly.

A dishonest employee could be corrected but if he failed to receive correction and change for the better it is always good to show him the way out of the business properly.
well for me I think dishonest employee is never that bad what you need to do is call him and talk to him if he fails to comply you better issue him a serious warning for the safety of your business,if he continue to think otherwise you better sack him

A dishonest employee should be shown the way out and that is basically the best thing to do as a business owner if you don't want your business to crash untimely.

If i have a business i will never tolerate dishonest employees because they will really not make your business move forward with their dishonesty.

Employing people that are very honest and truthful would help you to get the trust of your customers and as such any employee that is dishonest should be fired.

It depends on what they were being dishonest in. If it is something that you can forgive them it is ok. If they have been doing that several times it is better if you just fire them. It will be risky if you are still working with them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds