Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

House Cleaning Services

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Have any of you use or have used house cleaning services?

We used it for the move out of our last rental place and it was so convenient. I've never used a similar service before! For the price, it really was well worth it because they provided such great care to details. Honestly worth the time in comparison to how much I would have had to do all by myself.

After that service they kept calling to see if I'd like to use their service more often. I dismissed the idea immediately, but I do like that they offer these services for even before the holidays and etc. It's one less thing on the list possibly before you host a party! I wish I could afford having it done more regularly!

Last couple of places I've lived were rentals, so definitely had the end-of-rental clean because for the amount of money it's simply not worth the hassle doing it myself - and I've then got a receipt I can show to the landlord to go 'well, I paid someone to clean it' in the event of a dispute.

That said I also have someone come in once a week to do the vacuuming etc because we're both not especially well (long term chronic illnesses) and it's easier to manage if we don't have to do all the household stuff, just some of it.

I have given some thought to the idea of using house cleaning services in the past, however, I have ultimately decided to stay away from strangers going through my home. I feel that I can save money and take pride in maintaining my home by cleaning it myself.;)

I used a cleaner at our last rental before I moved into my new house and they did a pretty average job. Paid them $800 and the real estate came back saying there was stuff missed and things not cleaned properly. I went back to the cleaner and asked them to fix it but they said you have to notify them within 24 hours of the clean being finished (which is ridiculous cause the clean was done on a Saturday and the real estate wouldn't inspect until at least the Monday).

Anyway wasn't the best experience so left them a google review and released that I wasn't the only one. Silly me for not checking the reviews first lol.

Also contemplating getting a regular cleaner for our place here (one a fortnight or month) to just do the things we don't have time for (or just cbf doing). Need to find someone decent though cause I don't like the idea of some random I found off facebook going through my house while I'm not there

I think when I was a kid we sometimes got our floor steam-cleaned by professionals, that's the last time I remember someone else ever cleaning the household I live in. Right now, my brother is the cleaner of the house, he likes to keep it nice and tidy. I can be a hard worker at my job, but I'm pretty lazy at home doing the bare minimum essentials that I need to do.

Yes, I have a crew of ladies that come and clean my home every other week. Even though I keep my home fairly tidy, they catch so much dust and debris during their sweeping and cleaning that I would never bother to do on my own. Having a clean home is more for my mental bandwidth at this point more than anything else.

I used to pay my younger sister to clean every week and it was nice. The house was always pretty nice and neat which I like because messes and clutter make me anxious. I also got to hang out with her afterward, because I always took her to lunch and paid for her gas, too. After she moved out of state, I started to pay a family friend to do the same but now she's pregnant so I'm shit outta luck at this point.

I've not yet! I'm a minimalist though and try to keep things clean myself, so never really had the need to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds