Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Hiring and firing?

22_22

Reputable member
Credits
Where do you hire staff for your site and have you ever had to fire a staff member? How well did he or she take it and how did you break 'the news' to them? Did they end up staying on the forum after being relieved of their duties or did they not take it well at all and went out to cause trouble after this?

Advertisement Placeholder
I only hire people from my own forum, find active members and message them personally. For firing, I simply tell them they are relieved from their duties. Most cases it's from inactivity so they tend not to hop back on once they realize they have been de-ranked.

Well we've had to fire a staff member here at WGBB, took it surprisingly well despite his past attitude on the site but no, he isn't a member here anymore. As for hiring, I try to hire in-community (Sylar is sort of an example of that :p) but sometimes you find good people outside of the forum so I always try to look outside as well as internally.. :)

Hiring the right staff is very difficult. No one knows how its going to end. So yes I would prefer a staff who is currently active on my forums. But hey like Haze said, there could be awesome people who haven't joined the forum yet.

Now firing is the hardest part. I never knew how I should handle it! :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds