Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hawaii May Become the First State to Decriminalize Drugs

Advertisement Placeholder
Making drugs legal is very stupid, in my opinion.

I get it; they probably want to stop wasting money on drug war. But, drugs are harmful to people and legalizing it makes no sense. I hope they will change the decision.

On the contrary, it's actually been very effective in Portugal.

Portugal decriminalized drugs in 2000 and since then the amount of drug use, drug related prison-offenders, and overdoses have dropped significantly.

https://www.attn.com/stories/995/portugal-drug-policy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...anyone-dies-from-a-drug-overdose-in-portugal/

--

Criminalizing drugs hasnt been an effective way to deal with them and it never will be. People are consuming drugs whether you like it or not. It's going to happen and its always going to happen. Especially when its outlawed.

If the US used the money they waste trying to police drug users and use that money for properly educating people and start treating it as an illness vs a crime, I feel they'd really cut down on the amount of active use as seen in Portugal.

Here in Canada we've adopted safe injection sites and drug checks that are educating people and not only preventing the spread of disease, but also preventing overdoses every day. Its too early to say how effective these are yet, but I think its a step in the right direction.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds