Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Having a hosting company with a blog?

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
Some hosting companies have a webmaster type blog attached. Do you like this idea? Would it make you any more likely to buy someone's hosting service if they had a blog?

Advertisement Placeholder
Some hosting companies have a webmaster type blog attached. Do you like this idea? Would it make you any more likely to buy someone's hosting service if they had a blog?

I think my hosting company has one, Inmotion Hosting. I know they Tweet about a lot of tips and tricks and webmaster articles. :p

And yeah, depending on the qaulity of the articles, it would show they know what they're doing to a point. Like, they understand the webmaster point of view which almost makes their support team human. (chuckle) I suppose, they're more involved with their company and their customers than simply putting up a website and telling people to host with them.

Yes, my hosting company has a Twitter account with small tips and tricks (and occasionally a discount or something :p ). I'm not one to follow my Twitter feed that much anyway, so it doesn't make too much of a difference to me. That being said, I do think it personalises the company - regulars might pick up on the odd in-joke, new people might pick up some useful tips - and makes people feel more inclined to returning to the hosting company, rather than shopping around elsewhere.

It's nice to see the hosting companies going out of there way more to teach and help, other than just being there as a server-header. It definitely helps my decision in whether or not I should go with a certain hosting company or not.

I normally don't really look for hosting companies with or without blogs, if anything I look for how they are giving support out to users (I've seen plenty of blogs that are filled with comments relating to problems/questions that have little or nothing to do with the blog article at all). I think it's nice of them to try and help out by giving advice, tips, and/or tricks but from what I've seen if they have comments enabled it tends to turn into a mess rather quickly.

I believe it lets the users stay updated on what's going on by checking the blog, and seeing some upcoming events/updates to the hosting.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds