Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you seen any forum using Signal chat?

Credits
Discord is the most popular chat app used by most forums I've used. I have heard so much about Signal chat messenger and also heard that it also have End-to-End Encryption for all messages but I can't help it asking why haven't forums adopted using it the same way they use Discord?

Would you consider using Signal chat messenger for your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never heard of Signal chat until I read this thread. I think people use Discord more because it's a chat client whereas Signal seems to be more like Messenger or SMS. Sure you could use it if you want to keep in touch with your staff, but chat clients are more convenient and don't require a phone number.

Forums haven't adopted Signal because it's a weird privacy messenger without big backing or existing usage or virality to overcome these factors. The only places that would even benefit from it are probably privacy space/enthusiast types. So I'd use it if I had a need but I haven't had that need for forums. Due to its conventional chat nature I'd think it is only employed by tightly knit groups and so even the forums that might use them would not be high profile anyway. It is not built anywhere near let alone for the niche Discord exists to fill in features and in purpose. Similar to how yeah, you can find telegram attachments but it is not and will not be an overwhelming feature to find with forums.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds