Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you had a sudden burst of traffic and not know where from?

Website
www.wwehub.net
Credits
It's always great as a website owner to suddenly see a huge and sudden burst of traffic on your site even if you do not know where it came from but it can be frustrating too when you don't know where it came from so you can make notes and see what is helping and what isn't.

Have you ever been in a situation where you had a sudden burst of traffic to your website but didn't know where it came from? Did this worry you not knowing where it came from or did you just accept it and enjoy the new burst of traffic you got?

Advertisement Placeholder
I had this happen a few years ago. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from exactly, but they were genuine posters and not bots or spam accounts, which was nice. :) When you advertise in so many places it's hard to keep track of which backlinks are hitting and bringing traffic to your site vs others I guess.

This as never happened to me personally but it has happened to my friend site, there was a trending story in a country and he waa covering a report about something else but they had the same keywords so it brought traffic to him

This has never happened to me and I don't know anyone that has experience it before. But i believe it's possible for such thing to happen. When this happens, it could be as a result of many thing. But I think most time the problem is from google.

This has never happened to me and I don't know anyone that has experience it before. But i believe it's possible for such thing to happen. When this happens, it could be as a result of many thing. But I think most time the problem is from google.
the problem is hardly from google but yourself as google would only operate how is it receives data as the way it has been configured to and not some magical way or malfunction

I have not experienced this phenomenon before, so I cannot say too much to be fair. It would be a really nice scenario, though as it would go a long way to enhance the progress of my website

I had this happen a few years ago. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from exactly, but they were genuine posters and not bots or spam accounts, which was nice. :) When you advertise in so many places it's hard to keep track of which backlinks are hitting and bringing traffic to your site vs others I guess.
that is why i have decided to be very careful with where i normally do advertise from and how i advertise as well, as there are so many places that would not give you value for your time

It happens most a times,the reason behind that unexpected traffic may be because of a referral by a member of due to an adverts done long time ago and it fall in the right channels.

Well the truth is I don't really know much about managing a website, but I think the good traffic you have will determine how much you can be able to earn.

Well the truth is I don't really know much about managing a website, but I think the good traffic you have will determine how much you can be able to earn.
your traffic is a determinant on how much you would make but also the quality of traffic also tells how much you would be able to earn as top tier countries pay higher than lower countries

your traffic is a determinant on how much you would make but also the quality of traffic also tells how much you would be able to earn as top tier countries pay higher than lower countries
That's completely true, if you are having a website and you don't have traffic I don't think you can be able to earn money from it, doing giveaways will help you a lot.

The best thing to do at this point in time is to investigate it thoroughly because you will not want a situation whereby your website is being attacked by bots. I have always experienced this from time to time.

The best thing to do at this point in time is to investigate it thoroughly because you will not want a situation whereby your website is being attacked by bots. I have always experienced this from time to time.
Despite the fact I have never owned a website but it think if you are not managing it properly you are going to face Those kinds of challenges.

bots attack are very deadly for your site, especially if you have a site that is approved by google adsense, as you might get banned from the program because they frown at site that has bot traffic.

Well, I'm not running a website but it happens in business many times that customers or traffics would come in huge without knowing where it comes front but most times, they come from previous advertisement and investment in marketing. When a site invest much in marketing, a time will come that such site will benefits its investment.

There should be webmaster tools you can access to see these type of stats and info, like where your traffic was coming from. Usually webmaster tools would give you details about the amount of clicks, views, time on site, etc. Stuff like that.

the problem is hardly from google but yourself as google would only operate how is it receives data as the way it has been configured to and not some magical way or malfunction
Well, you may be right. But how do you explain a situation a person just discovered that there's unexpected surge in his site traffic? The problem can come from google. Google make use of algorithm which make use of AI. You can't completely trust AI yet.

Sometimes I receive a lot of traffic and even a lot of revenue from adsense. However, I always can find out where the traffic is coming from or where the clicks on my ads are coming from. That;s because I use google analytics to track my traffic.

There are lot of tools available on the internet that would allow you ascertain where the traffic are coming from and if you're unable to do this, it could be a traffic that is generated from bots and this is why it is ineluctable to assess your website critically.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds