Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever tried free hosted forum?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
In my early days of blogging I tried free blogging through blogspot, wordpress, weebly, etc. but I never tried creating free forums through platforms like proboards, etc. When I started creating forums, I already had hosting package that allowed me to host multiple websites and to create a forum all I needed was just a domain. I prefered to use open source platforms instead of free hosting platforms.

Advertisement Placeholder
Freely hosted forums are all I've ever used, starting back with InvisionFree, then ZetaBoards, and now Jcink. I even used ProBoards for a brief period. I'm mainly a front-end guy and don't get involved with server-side programming, which is one reason I've never bothered with self-hosted communities. I love JavaScript, and that's what most freely hosted forums use to customize the board, which is why I have a board dedicated to coding and Jcink resources.

I know if you have a passion for something you're likely willing to pay for it, but as I see it, freely hosted communities are something I can pursue as my passion freely without spending money I don't have on it. After all, they need some loving too. Not many people are going to create a load of free resources for a free service, but I am an exception.

I don't mind those who use free hosts. In fact, I've used them in the past and Jcink is the best one! You can actually move to self hosting if you want in the future and you're not stuck on the platform like other free forum hosts. Though the thing that sucks about the other ones, if they shut down most of them might not give you a database backup.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 4)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds