Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever thought about raising funds through GoFundMe?

I haven't tried raising funds through this method anyways. I've seen it used for emergencies though and since I'm not going through one, I feel there's no need at all.

Well, Go Fund Me is a great platform, but you can accept donations through PayPal only and this is something you must know. If you live in a country where PayPal does not work, then you simply cannot receive money.

Advertisement Placeholder
no wonder they kept rejecting my appeal, i did not know that paypal is a major requirement for you to be eligible to participate in go fund me, which i think is not fair at all to some other person's.

Well, Go Fund Me is a great platform, but you can accept donations through PayPal only and this is something you must know. If you live in a country where PayPal does not work, then you simply cannot receive money.
Waoh. This is the first time I'm learning about this - in my country, PayPal works but I'm not sure if it's allowed to receive funds from all parts of the world or how much it's supposed to hold at the maximum. Thanks for this information.

Waoh. This is the first time I'm learning about this - in my country, PayPal works but I'm not sure if it's allowed to receive funds from all parts of the world or how much it's supposed to hold at the maximum. Thanks for this information.

GoFunMe is a really popular crowdfunding platform for many people, However, it is mainly used by people who need money for some specific, valid purpose.

I thought about it. So much so that after setting up a page and later deleting it after discovering how the website and platform work. You must be active on social media in some capacity. The majority of those who receive funds there either have extensive social networks or are supported by someone who does.

if it by your social media metrics they use in accepting who gets funds from this platform then it is ridiculous and it is for the gallery, i actually thought it was only accepted in countries where paypal works.

I've never taught of raising fund through GoFundMe before. I see so many things like that online I'm a shy person, can't start something like that. I don't even believe in it

Gofundme is a crowdfunding website where you can donate or raise money for charitable or non charitable causes. Has anybody ever thought about raising funds through GoFundMe?

How much success did you guys have if you actually went through with GoFundMe?
Numerous individuals develop a GoFundMe page once they are faced with a crisis that necessitates the gathering of finances. Personally, I haven't been in a scenario like this before, though.

Numerous individuals develop a GoFundMe page once they are faced with a crisis that necessitates the gathering of finances. Personally, I haven't been in a scenario like this before, though.
My problem with this sort of method of raising funds is that it is discriminatory and favors some people or some geographical location while leaving the other locations which is not fair

The truth of the matter is everybody at one point or the other has thought of raising money through gofundme. But who will contribute for me has always being concerned people from doing it. Except it's something urgent and cogent or some celebrities and tipping you, it'll be hard to get best out of creating gofundme.

if you do not have the backing of a celebrity, like you said it would be very hard for you to get what you are looking for, that is if you are even allowed to create the campaign for a start.

Gofundme is a crowdfunding website where you can donate or raise money for charitable or non charitable causes. Has anybody ever thought about raising funds through GoFundMe?

How much success did you guys have if you actually went through with GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is a potent method through which one can rake money in through crowd funding.Personally, I have not participated in the platform before but I have heard many stories about the traction it enables people to get

GoFundMe is a potent method through which one can rake money in through crowd funding.Personally, I have not participated in the platform before but I have heard many stories about the traction it enables people to get
it is not a really potent method for lower tier countries as i believe and have come to know is that there is a lot of restrictions maybe because of the level of fraud that it might be used for.

That's a good platform you have shared because frankly, I'm just hearing for the first time but this could help in getting funds for emergency. However I need to check this website out and read to understand how it takes to go about it.

I have on many occasions thought about using GoFundMe both for business purposes and nonbusiness purposes and as much as I know people may help given the chance, I always feel guilty receiving help rather than working for the help I get. It's a trait I have that I feel guilty if I am not doing something to receive the donations in return. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with GoFundMe so it does work and it is worth a try if you are looking for some kind of support.

A lot of the money that I have seen being released from the platform is usually due to some chronic illness or in order to pursue some kind of humanitarian task and I really do not need that now. Any money that I am hoping to raise is usually through seed investors.

I cannot use GoFundMe from my location to raise a campaign, I can only make a donation. However, I have a friend who launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise funds so that she could help me and my family when we were trapped in an earthquake zone.

I have not used gofundme before but I reckon that it is a legitimate platform where you can approach if you do not have enough capital to establish or run your project. The like-minded people on the platform would raise fund for you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds