Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever thought about leaving forums?

Thomasss

Addicted member
Credits
Like, as a whole. Leaving communities, checking back in every now and then?

Personally, I have. Once I graduate here in June it might become a real possibility and I'm starting to phase them out now. :p

How about you guys?

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
Being someone who suffers from fairly intense periods of depression, I have left forums altogether many times in the past. When my depression becomes so intense that I can't contribute to any communities in a positive manner, I usually withdraw for a while.

Being someone who suffers from fairly intense periods of depression, I have left forums altogether many times in the past. When my depression becomes so intense that I can't contribute to any communities in a positive manner, I usually withdraw for a while.

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I suffer from depression as well.

Rofl: You guys are too hilarious for words (the staff)! On a more serious note, though, I have tried giving up forums for good, but I can't stay away for a WEEK without at least getting an urge to check up on a favorite site or two once in a while. I haven't quit forums completely, I'm still into them now as much as ever, but yeah.

That's probably the best way to go. I have depression myself and while I am on good medication for it, that doesn't excuse me from having the occasional bad day. I too just take a break from forums until I'm back on my feet. Thankfully episodes don't last long and I'm back to posting in no time

Sometimes you just need to step back from forums and re-think what you're really doing. If foruming is part fo your life, leaving isn't the best idea. However, if it's becoming a chore to login and post and what not, it's probably best to simply leave.

For me, I don't login all that much and post so I don't get burnt out from posting on forums.

Sometimes you just need to step back from forums and re-think what you're really doing. If foruming is part fo your life, leaving isn't the best idea. However, if it's becoming a chore to login and post and what not, it's probably best to simply leave.

For me, I don't login all that much and post so I don't get burnt out from posting on forums.

I don't post as much as I'd like either, but I don't have burnouts like I used to either. For me it helps if you have a laid back niche. For example I run a general chat forum, which helps me a llot because I can come and go as I need to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds