Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever recreated a site from scratch?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you had to recreate a site from scratch? A few years ago I created a site and it was exactly what I wanted it to be, but I made a mistake and the work I did, didn't save and in turn I ended up losing hours of work.

Anyway, had to recreate it all from scratch. Had most of the graphics done, but everything else I had to do from scratch. Case in point, back up everything you do!

Advertisement Placeholder
I cannot create a site from scratch because I don't do coding. When I build sites I always use content management systems and work on prepare template to create sites. This is easiest way to build sites.

Just in one case if the previous business was successful but an error in coding affect the database then it is wise to recode the website from scratch and re host it but if it is an ordinary idea or something not having return I pass to another thing. So it differs from case to another.

Just in one case if the previous business was successful but an error in coding affect the database then it is wise to recode the website from scratch and re host it but if it is an ordinary idea or something not having return I pass to another thing. So it differs from case to another.

I have created a website out of nothing. I used many website builders and this helped me a lot in the past. The fact of the matter remains that using a website builder is much better.

This is a position that you would not want to be in, as creating a site you have started and probably you where almost done with the site is never a good experience at all.

You can recreate website from scratch but you must have new idea in order not to make same mistake to recreate every time. Creation of websites is not an easy task but they always create on purpose they have planned already in their scratched diary.

You can recreate website from scratch but you must have new idea in order not to make same mistake to recreate every time. Creation of websites is not an easy task but they always create on purpose they have planned already in their scratched diary.
This is not something you want to start at all because you might even lose interest in creating the site all together as you have given the site some of your creative part already

The only time I remember I had to create a site from scratch was back when I started my own forum in 2004 and I was using phpbb, one slight mistake anywhere when adding mods or even skins could mess everything up and because I was still new at creating a forum, if something went wrong, I ended up starting again from scratch which became annoying. Now having more knowledge about forums and backing up I don't make these mistakes now and have to start from scratch.

The only time I remember I had to create a site from scratch was back when I started my own forum in 2004 and I was using phpbb, one slight mistake anywhere when adding mods or even skins could mess everything up and because I was still new at creating a forum, if something went wrong, I ended up starting again from scratch which became annoying. Now having more knowledge about forums and backing up I don't make these mistakes now and have to start from scratch.
i understand your pains in this kind of scenario as it is very difficult and frustrating as well to always start from scratch when you have gone far in building the forum.

i understand your pains in this kind of scenario as it is very difficult and frustrating as well to always start from scratch when you have gone far in building the forum.

Well, I have created a website in the past. It was a long time ago. The fact of the matter remains that i have abandoned the website long ago because I never had enough time to manage it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds