Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever paid someone under the table?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has anyone here ever paid someone under the table? For those wondering, it's when someone pays cash usually. It means taxes won't be taken out, which becomes your responsibility. I don't think it's always a good idea to pay under the table. I want to make sure all of the money I make is taxed, as I will have to tax it later otherwise. Anyway, would you take payment under the table?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I have done this a couple of times. It is against the law to pay under the table and the giver and receiver, both can be jailed, however, I had to pay under the table because that particular guy was not working on my file. He was a government employee.

I think most people have at one time or another. I know my wife and I both have for minor things like helping us move, watching our pets, and things of that nature.

There are some businesses here which are strictly on cash only. There are ladies who are into selling of vegetables and fruits in a market designated for them only, they only accept cash for payment of their vegetables and fruits. It can be said they accept all payments under the table.

Those who are able to even think about that are those who have the money to spend. I can't do that even if I wanted to although I don't fancy that because it's just not right especially when you do it to take a position and privilege that should be someone else's.

I watched this TV series Tulsa King recently where Sylvester Stallone (John Rambo) made a statement that Cash is king after he came out of prison after spending 25 years to save him gang. He came out and met the new world where cash no long means much. Everything is mostly paid for with a card or transfer. He was frustrated with the whole thing when he wanted to send a package but they couldn't take cash.

I don't pay my workers through cash payment. All their payments are processed through online banking.

Has anyone here ever paid someone under the table? For those wondering, it's when someone pays cash usually. It means taxes won't be taken out, which becomes your responsibility. I don't think it's always a good idea to pay under the table. I want to make sure all of the money I make is taxed, as I will have to tax it later otherwise. Anyway, would you take payment under the table?

I have paid through this means most of the time. Not everyone would want to be paid via bank transfer as they prefer cash and this is what anyone that is on their right thinking attitude should consider. There is no how you should be selfish on not covering tax when the person that you want to pay prefers cash.

There are some businesses here which are strictly on cash only. There are ladies who are into selling of vegetables and fruits in a market designated for them only, they only accept cash for payment of their vegetables and fruits. It can be said they accept all payments under the table.

Most of the vendors in here accept cash payments. This also includes retail stores, street hawkers, and many local vendors who run shops in many different marketplaces. However, a general sales tax is always applicable to such products and they cannot pay someone "under the table" in order to avoid taxes.

I have paid through this means most of the time. Not everyone would want to be paid via bank transfer as they prefer cash and this is what anyone that is on their right thinking attitude should consider. There is no how you should be selfish on not covering tax when the person that you want to pay prefers cash.
I've accepted cash payment in my transportation business countless times. I've had so many clients who would tell me they don't want to pay online but rather through cash only. I've never had any problems with it.

I've accepted cash payment in my transportation business countless times. I've had so many clients who would tell me they don't want to pay online but rather through cash only. I've never had any problems with it.

It is not a big deal to accept cash in some businesses. If you are into a transportation business, you may have to adjust on certain terms so as to keep your customers happy. I won't have any issues collecting cash as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds