Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever lied about being sick when calling in?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you just needed a break, but weren't sick enough to call off for the day? There was a couple times where my mental health wasn't all there, and I just had to call in and take the day. Have you ever needed to take a day off, but didn't want to reveal the true reason?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that is the most common excuse that employees give if they want to take a day off.

I think that is the most common excuse that employees give if they want to take a day off.

Well, not all the companies that forgiving. I have been with one such kind of companies that required you to ask. Whenever an employee used to ask for a leave, the most common answer was "Leave is not granted to you" and in case if a person is genuinely ill, then he may have to deal with problems.

Was there ever a time where you just needed a break, but weren't sick enough to call off for the day? There was a couple times where my mental health wasn't all there, and I just had to call in and take the day. Have you ever needed to take a day off, but didn't want to reveal the true reason?

Well, I have never lied about it. If I ever felt that I need to take a leave, I used to do it without informing the manager. The manager never used to ask about it the next day. I think people usually lie about it when they do not get leaves when they really need it genuinely.

There was a time when I needed a break from work, and I had to call in sick. My bosses weren’t happy because what happened is that I lied about being sick and needed a week off. Then during that week, I actually got sick and didn’t report for work. Can you imagine that?

There was a time when I needed a break from work, and I had to call in sick. My bosses weren’t happy because what happened is that I lied about being sick and needed a week off. Then during that week, I actually got sick and didn’t report for work. Can you imagine that?

Well, I think that this is why people should be honest with their bosses and never lie. Lying about your health condition could be considered unethical as well. I have worked in a company where they required me to submit an application! just imagine being paid peanuts and going through all this! This is why I left the company. You can also switch your job if you think your bosses are unfairly strict with you.

I feel bad to admit this but I have lied to my employer about being sick multiple times. I think a lot of people do this as long as the consequences are nothing serious (for instance, they cut your one day wage because you were absent).

I feel bad to admit this but I have lied to my employer about being sick multiple times. I think a lot of people do this as long as the consequences are nothing serious (for instance, they cut your one day wage because you were absent).
I have done same to my employer but it's not fair when someone call me and said I should not try it again so that I may not be a victim of one (illness )I stop doing that it's been a while I told such lie

You must be a really good boy to never do that let's be honest everybody did that at least once it's nothing too serious

When an employer refuse leaves, then many employees may have no other option but to lie. This is a very saddening condition. However, the fact of the matter remains that some companies have a really great structure/system and they allow certain their employees to avail leaves during certain times.

Also I think it's okay to call in when you need a break, or a mental health break. I know I've needed just a little extra time to relax and get my mind off of things.

Business owners are starting to take mental health seriously, so if you're feeling drained from all the work, take some time off.

Also I think it's okay to call in when you need a break, or a mental health break. I know I've needed just a little extra time to relax and get my mind off of things.

Business owners are starting to take mental health seriously, so if you're feeling drained from all the work, take some time off.

I think that there are many countries where strict rules are followed and they have rules and regulations supporting the rights of employees. In many countries these rules are not followed at all. This is why the employers usually take advantage and exploit the employees.

Back in the old days, I would call in if I didn't sleep well. I mean like if I only got 1-2 hours of sleep. I had a lot of trouble sleeping when I was younger - and I'm just not one of those people who can still function and work and focus without enough sleep. It's hard enough to focus WITH sleep.
Also, the only thing worse than getting 2 hours of sleep, is getting 2 hours of sleep after drinking 6 beers. (Beer was my drug of choice to help knock me out.) And I can't just drink one. It's either 6-7, or none.
So you can bet I called in on those days. Not often, usually I was lucky enough to pass out and get 7-8 hours.

You must be a really good boy to never do that let's be honest everybody did that at least once it's nothing too serious

Unfortunately from my experience, I can tell you that most workers are not always interested in doing everything they are supposed to do all the time which is why some of them are very comfortable with lying so that they are going to skip working and still get their salary by the end of the month.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds