Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to manage a friends site temporarily?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you had to help out a friend by managing their site for a while? I've done this twice. The first time my friend lost a family member due to a car accident and he couldn't focus on his site, so I took over for a few weeks so he could grieve and be with family. Another time a friend of mine was going on a road trip around the US and didn't want to update her site while traveling, so she ended up paying me some money to tackle that.

Anyway, have you ever helped a friend with their sites while they were gone or busy with something else?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never manage a site for a friend or family member before because all my friends and family don't have a site yet, it is a good thing that you were able to help your friends,.

There was a time in which my friend was going out of the country in order to pursue an educational degree. I was the person responsible to take care of the business and I did not perform bad.

Well I was tempted with such offer some years back and I felt like it was a treat to me so I refused. But alot of people have been doing it. The friend who offered me that, was once managing someone owned site too.

No, I don't have any experience of handling my friend's or family member's site because no one is into online business.

I have not managed a site for a friend before. I guess it is because the need has not arisen and even if it does I manage a lot of my personal sites which usually gives me no free time.

No, I haven't encountered this type any experience before, because in my family are friend cricle on one haven't any site, but you did a good job, you helped your friends when they are in trouble keep continue.

I have helped as an admin on a few different sites for people. It was nothing major and only would be maybe 30 minutes of actual work a day so it was not a big deal.

I have not tried it. If any of my friends need help regarding managing website on their behalf and they approach me, I will gladly do it. Though, it have alot of stress managing other website with yours, I will gladly assist any of my friends that approach on it.

I have not tried it. If any of my friends need help regarding managing website on their behalf and they approach me, I will gladly do it. Though, it have alot of stress managing other website with yours, I will gladly assist any of my friends that approach on it.

I would personally manage my own site. This is because I do not like someone else interfering in my business, no matter who he is. If I ever created my site, I would rather hire someone else, not my friend.

I have no or little experience about managing a site so it will be very difficult for me to do that simply because I believe it requires some skills and knowledge.

I would personally manage my own site. This is because I do not like someone else interfering in my business, no matter who he is. If I ever created my site, I would rather hire someone else, not my friend.
Well, you're correct. But if you have a friend who is a blogger like you, can't you ask him or her to help you manage your website when you're busy? The friend will not be a person you don't know well.

Has there ever been a time where you had to help out a friend by managing their site for a while? I've done this twice. The first time my friend lost a family member due to a car accident and he couldn't focus on his site, so I took over for a few weeks so he could grieve and be with family. Another time a friend of mine was going on a road trip around the US and didn't want to update her site while traveling, so she ended up paying me some money to tackle that.

Anyway, have you ever helped a friend with their sites while they were gone or busy with something else?
Nope, I have never attempted trying to manage my friends website not even temporarily. Although I've managed my clients website for like two weeks to a month, but I have not done such for my colleagues or peers.

Well, you're correct. But if you have a friend who is a blogger like you, can't you ask him or her to help you manage your website when you're busy? The friend will not be a person you don't know well.

I am not a blogger. I have created a blog several years earlier, but now I no longer focus on blogging as I focus more on paid to post forums right now and make money by posting.

Well a couple of times but the one I can remember was a time in which my friend was going out of the country in order to pursue an educational degree. I was the person responsible to take care of the business and I did not perform very poor (bad)

Well a couple of times but the one I can remember was a time in which my friend was going out of the country in order to pursue an educational degree. I was the person responsible to take care of the business and I did not perform very poor (bad)

It must be a very hard thing to handle the business when the friend or the partner is not around. Was your friend actually a business partner of yours in the company?

Well, I was once tempted by a similar offer, but I declined since I thought of it as a pleasure.
However, many people have been engaging in it.
The acquaintance who made the proposition to me once oversaw another person's website.

Well, I was once tempted by a similar offer, but I declined since I thought of it as a pleasure.
However, many people have been engaging in it.
The acquaintance who made the proposition to me once oversaw another person's website.

There are many people who also get paid to manage the websites of others. Were you also getting paid to manage the website? The amount you get paid may depend a lot on the website revenue.

i tried helping a friend out in managing his site when he had his final exams, and i know i would not repeat such ever again, because it really caused issues between the both of us at the time.

I have not own my personal site but I have managed a friend site temporarily some some weeks while on vocation. actually it was stressful but very profitable to some extent when you provide your members with what they want.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds