Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to deal with a co-worker trying to take your job?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time you worked a job and a co-worker attempted to take your job? Maybe they tried to take your position while you were out, or you took time off and they handled your work. Has something like this ever happened, where a co-worker has tried to take your job?

If that happened, how did you handle it? Did you keep your job? Did anyone end up taking yours?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never had to deal with a co-worker who is so envious of my work position in a way that he or she is going to plot behind my back to have me sacked from my job so that he or she is going to replace me. If I actually find out that any of my coworker is planning this kind of thing towards me in my workplace, I'm definitely going to go out of my way to make him or her to lose their own job.

Was there ever a time you worked a job and a co-worker attempted to take your job? Maybe they tried to take your position while you were out, or you took time off and they handled your work. Has something like this ever happened, where a co-worker has tried to take your job?

If that happened, how did you handle it? Did you keep your job? Did anyone end up taking yours?
In my industry, that is a common occurrence, but it helps me perform exceptionally well in my job because I believe no one can do it better than me when I give my best. I remember in the past, we had to take a test to determine who would retain the job

In my industry, that is a common occurrence, but it helps me perform exceptionally well in my job because I believe no one can do it better than me when I give my best. I remember in the past, we had to take a test to determine who would retain the job

As long as there is nothing like backstabbing someone from another staff to be sacked from his or her job, I don't see any reason that I would be worried about that kind of coworker because the only thing it means is for me to give my very best and make sure that I don't snack on doing my job.

I think that this is a very common problem in many workplaces. The fact of the matter remains that this is a part of workplace politics and many people have to deal with this issue. Certain people would never like it if someone else was rewarded the position you hold in the company. They fear getting downgraded.

I think that this is a very common problem in many workplaces. The fact of the matter remains that this is a part of workplace politics and many people have to deal with this issue. Certain people would never like it if someone else was rewarded the position you hold in the company. They fear getting downgraded.

Over here in my country there are some co-workers that are even willing to go to the extreme of being diabolical in trying to take someone's position in a company because they believe it is a high position where you are going to get paid better than any other person working in the company.

Over here in my country there are some co-workers that are even willing to go to the extreme of being diabolical in trying to take someone's position in a company because they believe it is a high position where you are going to get paid better than any other person working in the company.

When you get a higher position, you are also made responsible for many tougher problems in the workplace. This is a very common thing and it is quite understandable. It is quite hard to work and manage a high position in the first place. This is why there might be many people who may avoid getting promoted due to this reason!

If you are the best at what you do, if you are an asset in the company, no one can take your job. I do not think a co-worker can actually take anyone's job. I do agree that there are people who take undue advantage of people and try to stop them from being promoted or placed in a better position. However, chances are nominal if the person is a really good employee. THis has never happened to me.

When you get a higher position, you are also made responsible for many tougher problems in the workplace. This is a very common thing and it is quite understandable. It is quite hard to work and manage a high position in the first place. This is why there might be many people who may avoid getting promoted due to this reason!

I believe that before anyone gets promoted into a higher position in any company, there have been proves that the person can actually be able to tackle any kind of challenges that is going to be faced in that new position which the person have been promoted to.

I believe that before anyone gets promoted into a higher position in any company, there have been proves that the person can actually be able to tackle any kind of challenges that is going to be faced in that new position which the person have been promoted to.

This is correct. Before I got my last promotion at work, I was already doing some very important things over there at the workplace that means that everyone can trust me to handle the new role. So, it was more like making the position official for me.

People need to understand some of their work colleagues don't like them and they are going to go miles in order see you suffer.

I know who to trust and know how far I can go incase they decide to throw me out to the wolves tomorrow, I will have what to save myself with.

Yes, i have and it was funny when I noticed it because he colleague was acting no interested but the moment there was a way or method for t that colleague to hold that possible he jumped only to be told he was not fit

This is correct. Before I got my last promotion at work, I was already doing some very important things over there at the workplace that means that everyone can trust me to handle the new role. So, it was more like making the position official for me.
No company will promote any staff who's underperformed for years. It's not how reward in work is meant to be otherwise they will be encouraging laziness.

Promotion comes with bleeding and sweating for the company consistently. It's what the company will look at and know you're due to be promoted.

The good thing about getting promoted in your workplace is that it's something that can actually be sustained for a long time and you will always have the opportunity of even been promoted again once you have been able to deliver in the new position that you have been given the responsibility to take care of. It is always going to be very difficult for a co-worker to subdue your promotion and get chosen over you when you are performing at a high level.

Yes, i have and it was funny when I noticed it because he colleague was acting no interested but the moment there was a way or method for t that colleague to hold that possible he jumped only to be told he was not fit

When a person holds a really big position in a company, then the chances are that the other people may start getting jealous and they may try their best to take your position. Even if they fail to do so, they may try to harm you through different ways. This is a really sad reality.

I stepped aside for a raise that was offered to me as I felt the guy that had been there longer knew more about the job. I otherwise would have taken it if I did not feel this way. I was offered it first and told them I will take it only if he declines.

The good thing about getting promoted in your workplace is that it's something that can actually be sustained for a long time and you will always have the opportunity of even been promoted again once you have been able to deliver in the new position that you have been given the responsibility to take care of. It is always going to be very difficult for a co-worker to subdue your promotion and get chosen over you when you are performing at a high level.

Well, when you get promotion, the chances are that you will be holding the position for a long time. However, it is quite important to work harder in order to avoid getting demoted. If you work in a poor manner, then others (who want to take your position) may get a chance to raise fingers at you and this could be bad for you.

I stepped aside for a raise that was offered to me as I felt the guy that had been there longer knew more about the job. I otherwise would have taken it if I did not feel this way. I was offered it first and told them I will take it only if he declines.

This is actually a very good gesture from you and I believe that should the guy whom was to get the position since you declined it find out that you declined the position because you felt that he was more deserving to get the position, he is definitely going to be very happy with you and will never forget it in his life.

When a person holds a really big position in a company, then the chances are that the other people may start getting jealous and they may try their best to take your position. Even if they fail to do so, they may try to harm you through different ways. This is a really sad reality.
It's funny how people behave thinking they're smart I'm trying to act coy, not knowing you're just sitting there watching them do all they want to do and act.

I haven't. I have only had partners in business and the thing with partnership is that we know within ourselves what we bring to the table so no one will interfere with the other's work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds