Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever been scammed?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever been scammed by someone online or elsewhere? My mom was recently tricked into giving someone access to her facebook for $5000 in cash. She thought she was going to get $5000 for guessing this question right, and the person selected her saying she had won and then started sending messages to my mom on FB. To which they got her to send the password recovery code and. Thankfully facebook caught the signin and stopped it, considering it was in Nigeria.

I am always scared of potential scams, especially with my elderly family as they will sometimes believe in anything.

Advertisement Placeholder
I remember when I was 15 years old, I got scammed so hard that I cried. At the time, I wanted an iPhone so badly that I saved up the whole year just to get that phone. So, I bought the phone from a second-hand store, went home, and used the phone for a good month. Then, out of nowhere, the phone disappeared. I tried taking it back to where I got it from, but I couldn't find the people who sold it to me.

This happened when I was just beginning to work. My friend forced me to join a multi level marketing concern where we had to just answer some survey questions and we would be paid for it. But we had to initially pay a deposit amount. It is only after a few months that I realized that I had been scammed and lost the money that I had paid as deposit.

I remember when I was 15 years old, I got scammed so hard that I cried. At the time, I wanted an iPhone so badly that I saved up the whole year just to get that phone. So, I bought the phone from a second-hand store, went home, and used the phone for a good month. Then, out of nowhere, the phone disappeared. I tried taking it back to where I got it from, but I couldn't find the people who sold it to me.
How did it disappear if you took it back? Are you saying it just stopped working at some point and you tried to take it back but they were since gone? If so, that sucks. I have purchased items I had to bring back in the past, but never had to find the seller again.

This happened when I was just beginning to work. My friend forced me to join a multi level marketing concern where we had to just answer some survey questions and we would be paid for it. But we had to initially pay a deposit amount. It is only after a few months that I realized that I had been scammed and lost the money that I had paid as deposit.
Sorry to hear that bud! You gotta be careful with what you put your money in. I am always cautious when friends ask me to invest in anything. I'll hear them out, but I rarely invest, or I tell them I'll think about it and IF interested I'll reach back out to them about it.

I was having my own store (web) and someone all time refunded over PayPal and at end I was the idiot which had to sit there cuz an criminell...

Yes of course, I have been scammed more than 3 times. I can still very well remember some of scam programs I lost my money in. The biggest one among that I can never forget in my life was MMM. I lost about $2000 I invested in the ponzi scheme.

I also lost money in Ultimate Cycler, Esusu Me, MBA, Tradera and so much. I learnt my lesson along the being a victim in all of them.

I have been scammed several times on the internet. The recent was cryptowin. A revenue sharing program. I lost so much money with them and some other times I have been scammed

It is very unfortunate that Ponzi scheme is something that is still getting so many people in my country to lose their money in different kind of scam because a new one is always coming out and people are still gullible enough to invest the money in it.

There is a new game scam that is happening right now which people are asked to download and play and win but they will have to credit their account before they will be able to play the game.
This is latest game scam.

View attachment 5491

I have been scammed online as well as offline. The first time I was scammed online was back in 2013. A guy offered me to create an off shore bank in the US, I send him $10. Then he vanished. Back then I did not know there was a provision to dispute a transaction on paypal.

It is very unfortunate that Ponzi scheme is something that is still getting so many people in my country to lose their money in different kind of scam because a new one is always coming out and people are still gullible enough to invest the money in it.

There is a new game scam that is happening right now which people are asked to download and play and win but they will have to credit their account before they will be able to play the game.
This is latest game scam.

View attachment 5491

These are the kind of pyramid schemes that are usually designed by many scammers in order to scam people. There is a similar kind of gaming website called Minerland that has been created by a few scammers and it also requires you to invest money if you want to earn.

These are the kind of pyramid schemes that are usually designed by many scammers in order to scam people. There is a similar kind of gaming website called Minerland that has been created by a few scammers and it also requires you to invest money if you want to earn.

I know very well that they are all set up and designed by scammers with programing knowledge. They have now moved to the strategy of using gaming to deceive people because their usual pyramid scheme scam is no longer very effective.

I've had an experience with a Multi level marketing networking business some years ago when I never knew most of them were scam. It was Alliance Global, I can never forget the company's name. They were the only MLM company which deceived me to scam me.

I've had an experience with a Multi level marketing networking business some years ago when I never knew most of them were scam. It was Alliance Global, I can never forget the company's name. They were the only MLM company which deceived me to scam me.

Was that particular company a registered firm? Being registered does not mean that a company could be trusted blindly. I think that legitimate organisations are always regulated by trustworthy regulatory authorities and investors need to be careful when it comes to investing in such companies.

Was that particular company a registered firm? Being registered does not mean that a company could be trusted blindly. I think that legitimate organisations are always regulated by trustworthy regulatory authorities and investors need to be careful when it comes to investing in such companies.
It was a registered business, they were shady with what they were selling because it wasn't all the truth. I couldn't sell what they gave to me. It looked like I was scammed into buying products I couldn't sell or use.

It was a registered business, they were shady with what they were selling because it wasn't all the truth. I couldn't sell what they gave to me. It looked like I was scammed into buying products I couldn't sell or use.

It sounds like it was an MLM company. Such kind of companies force employees to buy products and then sell them. They never take any kind of responsibility at all. They work like a pyramid scheme. They try to lure people into buying their products that are not worth it, as the market value of these products might be quite low comparatively to what these company make it appear so.

It sounds like it was an MLM company. Such kind of companies force employees to buy products and then sell them. They never take any kind of responsibility at all. They work like a pyramid scheme. They try to lure people into buying their products that are not worth it, as the market value of these products might be quite low comparatively to what these company make it appear so.
Yes, they were a pyramid scheme Multi Level Marketing Networking Company. It was the same strategy they used. If you're not familiar with their work blueprint, they will lie and lure you into their pyramid scheme. If you don't bring others to enter in your pyramid, you won't make any money.

Yes, they were a pyramid scheme Multi Level Marketing Networking Company. It was the same strategy they used. If you're not familiar with their work blueprint, they will lie and lure you into their pyramid scheme. If you don't bring others to enter in your pyramid, you won't make any money.

These kinds of MLM companies are very common. I really wonder how these kinds of companies generate revenues in order to make sure that their business thrives. I have seen many HYIPs and MLM companies spending a lots of money on advertising and marketing. In the end, it is all a scam.

These kinds of MLM companies are very common. I really wonder how these kinds of companies generate revenues in order to make sure that their business thrives. I have seen many HYIPs and MLM companies spending a lots of money on advertising and marketing. In the end, it is all a scam.
They know how to target people who are desperate to become rich. They are the kind of people who would be easily convinced with all the packaged lies they are selling with their MLM strategies. If you're not desperate and greedy, they will find it difficult to convert you.

I have been scammed online as well as offline. The first time I was scammed online was back in 2013. A guy offered me to create an off shore bank in the US, I send him $10. Then he vanished. Back then I did not know there was a provision to dispute a transaction on paypal.

Even though $10 is a small amount of money, it's still your money and you have the right to feel bad about it. Scammers don't care about how much they are taking from you as long as it's money. It's why they are willing to use any means to get whatever they want.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds