Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have had do get into dismissing staff members?

Credits
Having staff members is something that's very important to any forum. Their contribution and support helps run and manage a forum successfully. Even with all these, it doesn't mean that there won't be staff members who are going be disjointed and it's going to get to the point where you're going to dismiss them.

How does it feel the very first time when you had to dismiss your staff members?

Advertisement Placeholder
I am a person who finds it difficult to make decisions about other people... I really suffered after I had to dismiss someone... Due to my profession I have now become accustomed to it, but you may still show humanity and empathy to this person

Regards =)

It's never easy, especially if it's a person you respect and care for. Most of the time you have mods/admins or whatever else, you will become good friends with them, so losing them is always hard. But, there are times where I have to ban staff or fire them for misuse of the forums or abuse of powers kind of things.

I haven't had to do it much though, so it's mostly people who quit the staff position and move on to do their own thing. I respect those who want to move on and try new things. It's their right to do so.

I am a person who finds it difficult to make decisions about other people... I really suffered after I had to dismiss someone... Due to my profession I have now become accustomed to it, but you may still show humanity and empathy to this person

Regards =)

If it's actually a staff member that have contributed immensely to the growth of the community, it is always going to be very difficult dismiss such person for doing something that is not good for the general publicity of the community. There are some things a staff who do which is going to be a bad PR to the community, so you have to let the person go.

Yes, I always try to get that person it concerns to write a statement and maintain the image.

So far, we have always been able to settle this without a fight and everything turned out well for the community.

Sunny regards from Germany :)

The goal is to create a positive and inclusive community environment on the forum. Dismissing staff members should always be a last resort and should be carried out after careful consideration and fair assessment of the situation.

Yes, I always try to get that person it concerns to write a statement and maintain the image.

So far, we have always been able to settle this without a fight and everything turned out well for the community.

Sunny regards from Germany :)

It is always a very good thing to have a good reputation when it comes to dealing with any of your staff member because whenever there is an issue that is not resolved amicably, it is always going to affect how the staff member is going to be relating publicly towards your community.

I have not dismissed my staff, however, I have been dismissed as a staff on two different forums and interestingly both of these forums took me back after a few months.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds