Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has one of your employees ever became your boss?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Sometimes our employees get better jobs. I know many people who were below me at jobs and get better jobs later. Anyway, has it ever happened where an employee of yours ended up becoming your boss or a higher up?

Advertisement Placeholder
It is quite possible for an employee to become a boss of a person who previously held a higher position in the company. Majority of the bosses would not want that to happen and this is why they are very smart when it comes to dealing with people who may be very much efficient. This involve politics in the workplace.

While I always wish any of my employees well, I can't pray for myself to experience any from of retrogression in life. As my employees are moving forward so will I.

Some of my employees have gone on to create their own businesses, I have even worked together on equal footing with some of my former employees as they were my suppliers as well as buyers. However, until now none of my employees have been my boss. I think there is the least chance of someone working under his own former employee.

None of my employees have ever become my boss, but a colleague of mine was ever promoted in the same organisation to become a manager, that was when the manager left the job.

Sometimes our employees get better jobs. I know many people who were below me at jobs and get better jobs later. Anyway, has it ever happened where an employee of yours ended up becoming your boss or a higher up?

No, I can say that I am always growing and have had better improvement in my work than what we had with any of my employees. While they have gone ahead to become better at their respective careers, I have also grown as well in my career and businesses as well.

Some of my employees have gone on to create their own businesses, I have even worked together on equal footing with some of my former employees as they were my suppliers as well as buyers. However, until now none of my employees have been my boss. I think there is the least chance of someone working under his own former employee.

Seriously, it is going to be a humiliating experience for the person who ends up working for someone that used to be his subordinate worker. I cannot see myself doing this kind of thing and instead of doing it, I will have to look for another company to work for instead of working under my own previous staff.

I've never had the misfortune of my employee becoming my boss or even someone who happened to be my junior at work becoming my boss and I will have to answer to the person in a workplace. I hope that such a thing never happens to me.

In many cases, your senior might think that you are much better than the person who holds a higher designation in the company. This is when your boss may get demoted and you may get a promotion. This could be an embarrassing condition for your senior.

I've had some of my colleagues resign from their jobs and end up getting a better paying jobs while some of them who are very unfortunate ended up not getting any job. I've never seen where an employee ended up becoming the boss of whom he worked for. It can happen because anything is possible but I've just never seen it.

I am actually my own boss and I haven't really had any employees so far, just business partners. But this actually do happen from time to time. You can't predict life because your servant today could be your master tomorrow.

My employee has not risen to that level in his career that he would be given me employment. Though it does happen in most cases, I do not wish it could happen to me at anytime...

None of my employees have ever become my boss, but a colleague of mine was ever promoted in the same organisation to become a manager, that was when the manager left the job.

If you're working very hard at your workplace and there's room to be promoted, you will be promoted when it's due for you to be promoted.

I have seen a lot of workers at where I used to work get promoted to manager's and supervisor's post. It's all down to their hard work.

All of you are employees of the company and he was promoted due to his dedication and skills. He was never your employee. I would not wish to see myself working for my former employee no matter how broke I become...

If you're working very hard at your workplace and there's room to be promoted, you will be promoted when it's due for you to be promoted.

I have seen a lot of workers at where I used to work get promoted to manager's and supervisor's post. It's all down to their hard work.

Well, there are many companies that have little to no chance of being promoted to a higher position and there are many companies like that. Telemarketing companies are some of such companies where you have a really harder time getting promoted, so the chance of your employee becoming your boss is quite low.

Well, there are many companies that have little to no chance of being promoted to a higher position and there are many companies like that. Telemarketing companies are some of such companies where you have a really harder time getting promoted, so the chance of your employee becoming your boss is quite low.

Telemarketing companies and their jobs can be very annoying. I have been offered a job in one of them but I had to turn it down. This is because I have known that they don't treat their workers very well, they don't have good working condition for them, so I can't put myself in a horrible working environment.

Having to work for one of my employee? This is something I have never dreamt of it happening. I try to imagine what could make me to fall too low to the extent of working for my earlier employee. It could happen to some other people but not me..

Having to work for one of my employee? This is something I have never dreamt of it happening. I try to imagine what could make me to fall too low to the extent of working for my earlier employee. It could happen to some other people but not me..

Seriously, it's a very big thing of humiliation for a boss to end up working for his worker. How are you expected to address the worker who used to work for you? Probably, you might have cautioned and sanctioned the worker in the past. He or she is definitely going to deal with you to set an example.

Seriously, it's a very big thing of humiliation for a boss to end up working for his worker. How are you expected to address the worker who used to work for you? Probably, you might have cautioned and sanctioned the worker in the past. He or she is definitely going to deal with you to set an example.
The new boss might not necessarily harass or embarrass you, but the humiliation and depression could be too much for the person to handle. I wonder what would have made him go so broke..

The new boss might not necessarily harass or embarrass you, but the humiliation and depression could be too much for the person to handle. I wonder what would have made him go so broke..

There are some people who actually find it very difficult to forget how you treated them bad when you were their boss. If this kind of person happens to behave that way, there is no way he or she is not going to pay back whatever you did to them when you were their boss.

I can understand the part where you are talking about the person having to go through humiliation and depression of having to become a worker for someone who used to be his own staff.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds