Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone ever leaked your website data?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
This sort of thing never happened to me, but a friend of mine recently told me how he used to run a forum that was kind of popular. But one day he found out that one of the users was able to access all the backend data somehow. That included usernames, emails. It didn't include the passwords or anything like that though. Well users started to leave and then one of the people who got in hijacked the site and leaked everything, including user messages.

Has anything like this happened?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think my website data has been ever leaked, I don't even think that my data has been breached. However, recently one of my websites was under DDoS attacked, which exposed my website vulnerabilities, and I am seriously thinking about implementing some security measures.

As far as I know, I have never had any of my website data leaked by anyone. I tend to ensure that everything is up to date and that I have things in place to protect the data of my users and members and that is always something I keep on top of to prevent anything like this happening.

I have known it to happen to people though and a lot of the time, it is due to them not being careful and ensuring safety was in place at the time.

This sort of thing never happened to me, but a friend of mine recently told me how he used to run a forum that was kind of popular. But one day he found out that one of the users was able to access all the backend data somehow. That included usernames, emails. It didn't include the passwords or anything like that though. Well users started to leave and then one of the people who got in hijacked the site and leaked everything, including user messages.

This has not happened on my forum and I will be very angry to see that happen anytime. I wouldn't want to see all of my efforts become nothing all because a member on my forum for access to backend data.

A good hacker must be behind what happened to your friend. I wouldn't stay in the forum if I found out a thing like this happened in the forum. I will not want my data compromised and released online in the Dark Web because it's where they post this kind of information.

This has not happened on my forum and I will be very angry to see that happen anytime. I wouldn't want to see all of my efforts become nothing all because a member on my forum for access to backend data.

Caution is advised when you're hiring any forum member or a third party freelancer as a staff. If you can't find those whom can be trusted to know there are information which can't be made a public knowledge, it's better not to have any staff until you can find a good one.

Caution is advised when you're hiring any forum member or a third party freelancer as a staff. If you can't find those whom can be trusted to know there are information which can't be made a public knowledge, it's better not to have any staff until you can find a good one.

Sometimes, this kind of issue can come up with trusting too much as well. There are times where a staff won't show that they are wolves in sheep clothings till they are given the power to handle a lot of things as an administrator, for example. That is when you are going to see how they end up abusing power.

Sometimes, this kind of issue can come up with trusting too much as well. There are times where a staff won't show that they are wolves in sheep clothings till they are given the power to handle a lot of things as an administrator, for example. That is when you are going to see how they end up abusing power.

Yeah, that's very correct. I'm very sure that in most cases when it comes to data leaking from a forum, it's always going to be one person that leaks it to the other side. This is why you have to be extremely spot on when hiring and know the kind of information everyone gets. This will make it impossible for them to leak vital information.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds