Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone ever copied your site exactly?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What happened if you ever found someone copying your site exactly as it is? I haven't had this happen to me, but I know people who have dealt with it, and I imagine it's an annoying thing to deal with.

IF they did copy your site, what did you do to stop it?

Advertisement Placeholder
No, because I don't have a site, but I believe many people copy other sites; it's not a good thing to do. People can easily create a site themselves without copying anyone, and I'm not really sure what you can do about that. I think you need to find some sort of proof.

I've definitely had people copy my site, my contests, my ideas before. It is rather annoying. Typically people knew my forum was the start though, so people didn't fall for the ruse of the other administrator. I would stick with my ideas, and maybe change my own a bit as well to continue to show growth though. Putting the best foot forward was the most important part.

Not my site but once someone scrapped the entire article publishing website where I used to publish my works. The website was not only identical but even had the same content. All of my articles and the comments on my articles were copied. However, the site owner soon solved the problem and I don't know how he did. That was a long time ago.

Actually there are alot of plagiarism issues associated with the various works that people do on the internet but personally I don't have experience because I don't have a site for now.

It's possible for something of such to have happened but I don't have all eyes and neither do I have the time to be tracking every website's content to know whether my site has been copied verbatim.

I had someone do this with a forum. They tried to anyways. They stole the logo and everything. The ended up losing their license from the forum software provider. Sucks too cause those licenses are not cheap.

I had someone do this with a forum. They tried to anyways. They stole the logo and everything. The ended up losing their license from the forum software provider. Sucks too cause those licenses are not cheap.

It is usually embarrassing when people are so lazy that they cannot even try as much as possible to change even one thing when they are trying to copy another person's work without giving any credit to the person.

It is usually embarrassing when people are so lazy that they cannot even try as much as possible to change even one thing when they are trying to copy another person's work without giving any credit to the person.
It is lazy for sure but I think a lot of people that do this are just looking to copy the success of another site thinking someone else would not notice it. You can take inspiration from other sites but to copy it almost entirely is just dirty!

It is lazy for sure but I think a lot of people that do this are just looking to copy the success of another site thinking someone else would not notice it. You can take inspiration from other sites but to copy it almost entirely is just dirty!

How would they think someone else won't find out what they have done? When you copy a popular and successful website, the signature is easily identified by anyone who's used the website before. It can't denied.

I've definitely had people copy my site, my contests, my ideas before. It is rather annoying. Typically people knew my forum was the start though, so people didn't fall for the ruse of the other administrator. I would stick with my ideas, and maybe change my own a bit as well to continue to show growth though. Putting the best foot forward was the most important part.
Keep an eye on other forums or websites to spot any instances of copying. If necessary, consider copyrighting your original content or trademarking your forum's name or logo to protect your intellectual property.

Keep an eye on other forums or websites to spot any instances of copying. If necessary, consider copyrighting your original content or trademarking your forum's name or logo to protect your intellectual property.

It's going to be very hard to see another person who's going to very stupid enough to copy someone's forum name. As for website design and layout, there's a very big possibility of having that copied and that's where you can work on using trademarking to make yours unique.

What happened if you ever found someone copying your site exactly as it is? I haven't had this happen to me, but I know people who have dealt with it, and I imagine it's an annoying thing to deal with.

IF they did copy your site, what did you do to stop it?

No one has done this since I began running my forum. Maybe it is because my forum is not popular, so they have nothing to gain by copying everything that I've been doing on my forum. If anyone did it in the future, I will reach out to know why they did and try to have talks on why they should pull it down.

No one has done this since I began running my forum. Maybe it is because my forum is not popular, so they have nothing to gain by copying everything that I've been doing on my forum. If anyone did it in the future, I will reach out to know why they did and try to have talks on why they should pull it down.

Well, at one point, I looked at it this way, once the person who copied my website is not doing anything that's going to implicate the forum which might have my own forum as a mistaken identity, then I wouldn't do much. But once my own forum is going to be implicated, I will put a stop to everything.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds