Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Has any one tried building EDU/GOV backlinks?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I have started it today. Previously I used to buy such links from some places, but not anymore. I think building them manually is worth the effort. What do you think?

Also will be interested in sharing the places where you created the links? I am thinking of making a list of these sites where I comment.

Advertisement Placeholder
If your site has nothing to do with education, I wouldn't bother trying to build EDU backlinks personally, and I definitely would leave GOV backlinks alone. When domain names initially went up for sale, they didn't have all the restrictions they have today (you need to be an actual accredited educational institution to purchase an EDU for example). However the domain owners who purchase domains prior to these changes were allowed to retain ownership of their domains and be grandfathered in. This means there are a number of potential spam sites out there with these TLD's. I would imagine by now the major engines know which domains are legit or not.

Never tried it building .edu and .gov backlinks but I'm pretty sure that search engine gives more importance to these kind of backlinks.

I think links to edu sites are not longer worth to get a better ranking, but might still serve to create an authority website.

Have not tried myself though, but an easy way to find edu sites and try to get a link back is using Google to search for the, but use it this way:

Your+keyword+or+niche+here site:.edu

I tried to a while back. Although, it was not like I wanted to build elaborate backlinks from it, I only wanted to add some to my list of backlinks. However, it takes a lot of effort to even get comment(with link) accepted on a .edu blog. They check geo location, and many other stuffs before approving a comment and on some .edu websites they don't bother checking after comments once they've dropped an article.

Got some for my site but I bought them, I am not sure how do I get those .edu or .gov backlinks but ill read about it soon because I heard they are really good for your site.

There is nothing wrong with .gov backlinks. And, they are still considered authoritative. I did some SEO related work for a freelance client who asked me to backlinks from .gov/edu sites. And, that worked out well. They key is to find .gov blogs which relate very closely to the content you are linking to.

I never used software to create comments. All my comments were manually created and contained original content, nothing spun. And, all my comments were relevant to the blog being posted on, so always approved. That's the real key to getting a backlink from a .gov or .edu blog. Just post something useful that helps the blogger out, rather than just seeking a backlink.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds