Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has an employee ever retaliated for being fired?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you had to let go of an employee, or fire them, and they retaliated because of it? Maybe they did something to you, caused issues with your work, hit you, or damaged property you owned. I have never had to go through that, but I imagine many businesses deal with workers who were previously fired. Some people can't take it when getting fired.

Advertisement Placeholder
Has there ever been a time where you had to let go of an employee, or fire them, and they retaliated because of it? Maybe they did something to you, caused issues with your work, hit you, or damaged property you owned. I have never had to go through that, but I imagine many businesses deal with workers who were previously fired. Some people can't take it when getting fired.

I have heard of many horrible stories of employees taking "revenge" after being fired. He commited the crime of taking life of innocent employers. The police arrested him and put him in jail. I hope he gets the worst time of his life in jail. Such people are dangerous to society .

Well, I have never experienced this. I once fired a person. I still meet this guy and whenever I meet he always says hello. That's because he knows I had not done injustice to him. I had fired for showing drunk at the workplace multiple times.

I believe that a company have all the rights to hire someone and they also have all the rights to fire the person when they no longer require the person's services. Someone who is smart shouldn't to retaliate because he was fired from his job, it simply means that your services are no longer needed.

I have never been an employee and I haven't had one either but then I have heard stories relating to this. One way they can retaliate is actually sharing the business information to competitors and sharing the business weakness with the public.

There was a case of an employee who came to work late and was fired by the manager, instead of the employee to quietly go home, he reminded the manager also that he was also guilty of coming late.

Well, I have never experienced this. I once fired a person. I still meet this guy and whenever I meet he always says hello. That's because he knows I had not done injustice to him. I had fired for showing drunk at the workplace multiple times.

This happens when the parting of ways was done in a peaceful way and all salaries paid to the staff. If you had owed him for job done over a period of time , I doubt he is going to be open to discussing with you when he sees you on the way.

I have heard several cases of people coming to retaliate after they have been sacked from their position. Most times I believe they are fired unjustly and they are angry. Though it is not the right thing to do...

I have heard several cases of people coming to retaliate after they have been sacked from their position. Most times I believe they are fired unjustly and they are angry. Though it is not the right thing to do...

There is no amount of retaliation that is going to make the company to give you back your job when they have officially given you your sack letter. So any kind of retaliation that you are doing is only going to put you in a serious problem because they can easily have you arrested for the disrupting their business.

Most employees do not understand the rules of engagement in any organization. Coming to make trouble with the manager of the organization is not the best move to make at that very moment...

I believe that a company have all the rights to hire someone and they also have all the rights to fire the person when they no longer require the person's services. Someone who is smart shouldn't to retaliate because he was fired from his job, it simply means that your services are no longer needed.

I also think that a company has the right to hire and fire people whenever they want. However, there should be at least a really logical explanation for that. There have been cases of employees suing the company because they were fired unfairly in the first place.

I also think that a company has the right to hire and fire people whenever they want. However, there should be at least a really logical explanation for that. There have been cases of employees suing the company because they were fired unfairly in the first place.

Yes of course, they will always have their own logical reason that's why they fired any worker or they may even tell the worker his or her services are no longer required by the company or they are cutting down on their staff, so there's always going to a reason why they let anyone go.

Yes of course, they will always have their own logical reason that's why they fired any worker or they may even tell the worker his or her services are no longer required by the company or they are cutting down on their staff, so there's always going to a reason why they let anyone go.
Many times when are break down of rule of law, people usually take laws into their hands. Why on earth should someone go fighting because they company downsized to keep continue in business. The company has the power to hire and also fire..

Many times when are break down of rule of law, people usually take laws into their hands. Why on earth should someone go fighting because they company downsized to keep continue in business. The company has the power to hire and also fire..

Well, the thing is that some of them usually feel like their sacking wasn't justified. It's why they would start creating a scene which isn't the smartest thing to do in my opinion.

There are good manner of approach to any kind of disagreements. If you follow it right, you might end up getting better result.

Well, the thing is that some of them usually feel like their sacking wasn't justified. It's why they would start creating a scene which isn't the smartest thing to do in my opinion.

There are good manner of approach to any kind of disagreements. If you follow it right, you might end up getting better result.
True to that, many people would want to use the opportunity to intimidate other staffs by causing unnecessary scene at the workplace forgetting that it is not the right thing to do...

True to that, many people would want to use the opportunity to intimidate other staffs by causing unnecessary scene at the workplace forgetting that it is not the right thing to do...

I would never encourage any staff member whom was sacked to create any scene at work. It's not going to do them any good. I know that it's very painful to lose their job but it's part of what happens in the job sector. If you're unfortunate to be sacked, take it on the chin and look for another job.

I would never encourage any staff member whom was sacked to create any scene at work. It's not going to do them any good. I know that it's very painful to lose their job but it's part of what happens in the job sector. If you're unfortunate to be sacked, take it on the chin and look for another job.
Causing a scene I do not think will bring back the job. It is better to follow a better approach that can soften the heart of the management to reinstate him back if he apologize and show remorse..

Causing a scene I do not think will bring back the job. It is better to follow a better approach that can soften the heart of the management to reinstate him back if he apologize and show remorse..

Even if there's nothing for the staff to apologise for, it doesn't warrant being aggressive and violent at the workplace premises because they sacked the staff. There was never an agreement they will keep any staff employed for the rest of their lives. People need to learn how not to be attached on anything too deep.

Even if there's nothing for the staff to apologise for, it doesn't warrant being aggressive and violent at the workplace premises because they sacked the staff. There was never an agreement they will keep any staff employed for the rest of their lives. People need to learn how not to be attached on anything too deep.
No one should be above the law and no one should feel he has the monopoly of being violence. People should be learn to be law abiding at the time and follow the right channels in conflict resolution at all times..

I have always condemned violence of all sorts. This is why I think that violence is never an option. There is absolutely no reason for an employee to retaliate if he has been fired. If you think that you have been fired unjustly, then you can always take the help of law rather than taking the law in your own hands.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds