Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Harder to find moderators - New standards for forum communities

Credits
Back when I started in the forum community, being a moderator was a highly coveted position. You could post a job and receive a ton of applications within days. However, these days it seems like no one wants to be a moderator anymore. What's going on?

One potential reason is that the role of a moderator has become more challenging and demanding over the years. With the rise of social media and other online platforms, forum communities are facing more competition than ever before. Moderators are not only responsible for enforcing rules and keeping discussions on topic, but they also need to ensure that the community is engaging, welcoming, and relevant.

Furthermore, new standards have emerged for forum communities, with an increased focus on diversity, inclusivity, and accessibility. This requires moderators to have a deep understanding of these topics and to be able to handle sensitive issues with empathy and professionalism.

So, how can forum owners attract and retain qualified moderators in today's landscape? Is it important to provide training and support to moderators to help them navigate these challenges? Let's discuss and share our experiences and insights on finding and maintaining a strong team of moderators for our forum communities.

Advertisement Placeholder
I've only had one moderator that I can remember on jCodes itself and he retired not too long into his position, I believe. People these days are too busy for forums when most people are attached to the likes of social media and gaming, that's on top of working and family, friends, etc. I know there's still a handful of society that still admires and uses forums, but there's not much of a drive to be a moderator of one. Incentives are probably the best way to find new moderators, where offering these will make the moderator feel more appreciated and more satisfied. Unless someone takes a keen interest in your forum and feels proud to be a moderator there, then there's not much to give them but incentives.

Unfortunately since social media is the main way people communicate these days, it can be hard to keep activity on your forum. Even Discord servers seem to be popping these days and a well established community I used to visit made the switch to a Discord server. Since activity isn't what it used to be it is difficult to find moderators for your community. If you offer a paid position, there may be more people interested in the job I feel like these days.

Really finding a person currently with desires desire and interest to be part of the team of a forum as Administrator or Moderator has become difficult to find due to the lack of time for work reasons, but there are still those who see it as a hobby and we like to spend some of our time supporting and strengthening the communities for those who visit us helping and collaborating in their best development.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds