Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Guilded requires Roblox acount now.

Smokey

Service Team
Service Team
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Guilded.gg was an alternative to Discord, which I was partnered with. I liked it at first but then they were acquired by Roblox a couple years back and stopped doing things for their partners, merch stopped coming in, etc. Well, now it seems you'll need a roblox account tied to your guilded account for it to work. This has pretty much killed this platform overnight as a lot of partners that were still using it daily are now looking to go elsewhere (probably back to discord) What do you think about forcing people to use certain types of accounts on platforms?

Personally? I'm completely against it. You shouldn't require people to use something they don't want just to use your platform. If you make things too complicated most people will leave and go elsewhere.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it was dumb of them to require a Roblox account. I loved Guilded way more than Discord. I've been looking at Discord/Guilded alternatives but a lot of them are missing features. To be fair, they're newer and ran by smaller teams. I have been trying one called Nerimity, though they're missing forums, and a calendar.

Guilded was always just a different corporate Discord with different bells and whistles and no reason to trust it more and not much case for mass market adoption, personally. Maybe this will be the push needed for Revolt to get the attention it deserves. I rather enjoy its return to simpler times although I think it could add a bit more and not harm itself in any way. Nerimity seems interesting, might have to look closer.

If I want forums and a calendar I'll use... well, a forum :p there's only so much a chatroom should be doing imo.

Guilded was always just a different corporate Discord with different bells and whistles and no reason to trust it more and not much case for mass market adoption, personally. Maybe this will be the push needed for Revolt to get the attention it deserves. I rather enjoy its return to simpler times although I think it could add a bit more and not harm itself in any way. Nerimity seems interesting, might have to look closer.

If I want forums and a calendar I'll use... well, a forum :p there's only so much a chatroom should be doing imo.
Exactly this. I don't see a point in having a forum built into a chat application like Discord. Seems redundant tbh.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds