Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Graphic Software

Advertisement Placeholder
I do use corel and photoshop, when it comes core graphics I prefer Coreldraw, I can perform wonders with that compare to photoshop. Photoshop comes in when I have to deal with interior photo/image editing.

In the past, I used to use Photoshop on a free trial, that was before I found out about GIMP. Once I heard about GIMP and started using that, I never looked back.

Canva is another I use for my graphics and I love how easy it is to use and how well it works to create graphics from scratch.

I do not have skills with graphic design software, I can use Photoshop but I can do only basic things, I cannot create elaborate designs. I use Canva, I find it easy to use through is drag and drop feature.

Affinity... but they do have a bug in their current 2.5.3 version when dealing with some Windows installs. Don't know when they are going to get that fixed.
They currently have a a sale on the package software where you can get the Mac and Windows version of all their packages for around $90. The nice thing is, it's not web based solution.

I am not the greatest when it comes to graphic design but I have in the past used Canva to make some simple images when I have needed them for advertising my blogs or even feature images that I have needed.

I was surprised at how well Canva works and how much there is available.

I used to use Adobe Photoshop CS5 on an old Macbook i had but once that died and Adobe went subscription based, I switched over to Gimp for Windows.

i've been using GIMP for years now and don't see a reason to change.
GIMP is still delivering for most graphics designer who are working with it. There's always a say that if it doesn't beak or fail, there's no need in having to change it.

GIMP is still delivering for most graphics designer who are working with it. There's always a say that if it doesn't beak or fail, there's no need in having to change it.
Yeah I agree. I have had no issues using Gimp over something else like Photoshop. I get the same results in the end, except I don't gotta pay a dumb subscription fee to use Gimp vs Photoshop nowadays. :p

Yeah I agree. I have had no issues using Gimp over something else like Photoshop. I get the same results in the end, except I don't gotta pay a dumb subscription fee to use Gimp vs Photoshop nowadays. :p
Yep, correct! I would only say that some graphics designers like to feel fancy when they are using Photoshop for their designing jobs because if it's about getting results, GIMP gets you that too.

The more I play with Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, the more I'm liking them. I'd have to say well worth the $90 I invested in them.
Working in Designer to do stuff is a lot easier than doing it in Photo. Then once you get your design layout right, select to edit it in photo and finish it out.

Just a simple quick change while playing. Nothing major, but it is funny how much difference fonts can make.

AW_logo_updated.png

AW_logo.png

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds