Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Good Threads being Ignored?

HyperActive1

Website
thevideogamers.com
Credits
How do you deal with situations like this? At some point, we think of a brilliant thread idea and are excited to post about to receive comments and other viewpoints. However, something's wrong! There's no replies. what do you do?

I personally hate when this happens. I usually will bump it or mention it to my staff members to post on it and try to encourage members to post on it.

Advertisement Placeholder
There really isn't some magical way to make members post in a specific thread. If members didn't post in that thread, it obviously isn't that great of a thread,

What we think is a great thread doesn't mean other feels same about it.

I had the same trouble in my forums. No matter what you do, if a member doesn't want to post a reply, you will not get any.

While telling or encouraging them(members) to posts, might make them feel you are forcing them to put content for no reason..

You could just tag members in your initial post, if you have a tag feature in your community. It usually notifies them that they have been tagged in said thread, so the chances of them replying are higher.

Bumping the thread could work, but also sending the thread link in PMs could work too, sometimes that could be interpreted as spam, but it really gets to members

If we think the thread posted is really good and no replies then we need to bump it and ask your fellow staff to reply to it. I agree with John, if members did not post, then they did not like it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds